88. Lost and found

"Okay. This is crazy," Zadhea exclaimed as she sweated profusely under the intense afternoon sun. She couldn't bear it any longer. With a deep sigh, she took off her puffer jacket and threw it somewhere. Her heels were giving her a hard time too, so she kicked them off and continued walking, murmuring to herself out of loneliness. Her stomach growled, but she didn't bother with the grapes since she was done with them. Now, she even hated grapes.

"Ouch," Zadhea muttered under her breath as her feet made contact with the sharp pebbles scattered along the road. "It's fine. It's better than walking with heels," she consoled herself.

"No. I should leave my pride now," she decided. "Or else, I'll have to die here." She looked around. "In a grape garden. I never thought I'd die in a..."

"Ugh, I won't die," she glanced at the grapes. "I still have you."

"Who says grapes are sweet? They are so damn sour. Yuck!"

Zadhea took a deep breath. "Here you go. You can do it."

"Hello! Is somebody there? I'm lost! Can someone help me?"

"Hello!"

"Hello!!"

"Hellooooooooooh!"

"I'm lost!"

"Help me!"

"Someone please help me!"

"Helloooo!!"

"Can someone help me? I'm lost!"

"Help!"

"Help!"

"Help!!"

"Anyone..."

"Someone."

"Help!"

"I'm hungry."

A female worker went outside to take her lunch when her eyes fell on someone's back. She beamed with a smile and ran up to him, exclaiming, "Sir, sir, wait a moment!"

She was shocked when she recognized him.

"Your Grace," she lowered her eyes and tilted her upper body, showing her respect.

"Rise up," Heidith glanced at her card that was tied to her gown's collar. "You are a... Fashion designer?"

"An assistant to be precise," the woman lifted her head and started fidgeting with her fingers, looking nervous. "I thought you were someone else. Marquess Stewart actually. He wants to select a dress for his wife's birthday, and the theme is 'Grapes' so he asked us to do the task."

"I see," Heidith nodded. "So you fulfilled it?" he asked out of politeness.

"Of course," the woman nodded enthusiastically as her nervousness disappeared completely. "We made three gowns. They are the best. I'm sure they'll be selling like hotcakes among noble ladies once we send them to Serbah."

Serbah was the best clothing shop in that town.

"Can I see them?" Heidith asked after giving it a thought.

Before the woman could answer, a man in a black suit came towards them and bowed to Heidith. "Sorry for interrupting your conversation, Your Highness. I'm here to remind you to take lunch. If you aren't busy, I request you to come with me."

"What about you guys?" Heidith looked at the two of them. "Did you have yours?"

The woman shook her head. "I was about to. If you excuse me..."

"Please go. I won't hold you any longer," Heidith quickly said. "I'll come to check your dresses with my fiancée."

"It's my pleasure. I'll be waiting for you."