Chapter 53

Davis was about driving out of his compound when Chiamaka's phone rang. He hurriedly grabbed the phone and noticed it was a text message. When he opened it, he recognized the number. And checked the call log to confirm.

“Oga, you no dey commit again? I have opened the gate oh!” The young man said as he took beside the car.

“Shut the gate for now!” Davis replied without looking at the young man. He needed to be sure of the number.

He knew Chiamaka's password, she used his name and he used hers for his phone.

As he confirmed the number, he clicked back on the message app and read through, 'Can we meet? I need my phone!'

Excitement ran though him, he had always wanted to have a glance of her. To know if she was okay and also tell her the good news he got of recent. Without thinking twice, he typed, 'Sure! Pick a location and I will be there! I have missed you so much!' and he sent it back to the number.

Davis dropped back the phone and relaxed on the chair. His heart was beating fast and felt weak. 'Will she forgive me? Is she going to let me have her in my arms again?' Alot ran through his mind and he began to feel tensed like a teenage boy whose girlfriend have just texted for a meet up.

And just when he picked back the phone, it rang and he saw another message by the number again.

“Bro, what are you still doing here? I told you wanted to go out!” Christiana asked as she approached the car but Davis was too carried away to pay any attention to what she said, “Elder brother!” She called out as she was closer.

Davis turned to her with his right brow raised up like he was asking her 'what?' without saying a word.

Christiana rested her hands on the lowered window and smiled, “Don't tell me you did not hear my question.”

“I am sorry! To be honest, i did not hear you! What was the question again?” Davis responded and Christiana rolled her eyes.

“Why are you so carried away by that...” Davis interrupted her.

“Is that your question?” He asked and Christiana face fell, due to disappointment.

“No!”

“So tell me!” Davis requested and Christiana formed a frown and folded her arms.

“Well, i told you wanted to go out, so what happened?” Christiana asked and Davis smiled at her angry posture.

“Yeah, I know but Chiamaka texted! She wants us to meet!” Davis replied and Christiana frowned.

“Why is that girl still torturing you? I thought you two are no more, then when is she doing this to you?” Christiana asked and Davis got angry.

“How dare you? Is it your torture? Even if she wants to kill me, I will gladly give her myself. Do you know what i did? Do you know my crime against her and still she took me to the hospital that night? If you were to be in her shoes, i would have been dead by now. That lady you just talked about, next time you have something to say about her, respect must be added.” Davis barked and Christiana was shocked as to how, her brother got so mad at her.

“Ah, brother! How can you say you will kill yourself for a woman. I tire oh! I don't know wether she used juju on you.” Christiana began to lament and just then, it provoked Davis the more. As soon as, Christiana noticed he wanted to open the car door, she ran back into the house.

“Nonsense! Why not stay here?” He sighed and shut back the car door.

He took back the phone and read through the message again. 'Meet me at Molabat Kitchen in the next 30 minutes.' He became excited and turned to the gateman.

“Hey, you, open the gate!” He ordered and immediately, the young gate man opened the gate.

Davis on his way to the restaurant, stopped in a super market and got a rose flower for Chiamaka. He missed getting flowers for her. As he drove quietly, alot of amazing memories came in. He remembered how she would tense him and beg him for things. His weakness was Chiamaka and nothing can reduce his love for her. She was the happiness he has always seek for. She was the light in his dark world. Only if life was fair, he would have still have her to himself. He looked at the flowers he bought, and smiled wholeheartedly.

AUTHORESS NOTE:
Tell me what you think.

So far, the book have reached 650 reads. Thanks for so much. I'm grateful. Soon, we will reach a thousand.

Please, keep the votes coming.