Chapter 25

Some minutes later, Chiamaka had cleaned up the mess caused by her namesake. She washed her shirt and cleaned her mouth a lot of times. She, and the others, continued their jests. And when her namesake fell asleep and was laid on the bed in Chiamaka's once room, they brought out alcohol to drink.

"What about Patricia, is she still not living here?" Chiamaka asked out of curiosity.

"Not really! After that day she was seen at the hospital, I have not set my eyes on her. She is a weirdo! And how she appears when needed is quite unbelievable. Do you think Susan called her before she died?" Rose asked, and everyone looked lost in thoughts. It seemed true, but no one knew the real truth.

"I swear that lady dey behave like a suspect, and who come be the man she bin dey quarrel with? Chiamaka shey, I bin see you dey talk to the man nah! How the talk take go? E talk anything?" Chidinma asked Chiamaka and eyes diverted to her direction.

"Not really! No useful information the man dropped." Chiamaka lied because she did not wish to be the one to expose the secret Susan hid from them. It would tarnish her reputation. She does not know the real truth about everything and cannot give judgment yet. She needed to know the truth, but it seemed the other ladies knew nothing about Mr. Joseph.

"Wahala dey oh!" Nora exclaimed.

Chidinma phone rang out loud, "Make una excuse me, nah mama from the village dey call." Chidinma said and walked out of the living room.

"No food? I am starving, oh!" Chiamaka yelled out.

"See this one, you are waiting for us to serve you when you know your way around the house and where to find food. Madam, keep waiting! I hope you get it that you are not a guest here? So abeg, no make noise again." Nora responded.

Chiamaka, while laughing, stood up from the seat, "Savage!" She called out before she walked towards the kitchen.

* * *

Davis parked at the front of a mighty duplex, painted baby blue and white, and deep brown gate.

"This is the place!" Davis said to Chiamaka and she looked scared.

"I think we should go back, I do not think I am ready for this." Chiamaka stated, and Davis frowned.

"You must be kidding me, right? You know the distance we drove just to be present. And you are telling me right now to drive back? Chiamaka tell me what your problem truly is! The other day I asked you to check, you preferred to stay all day at your friend's house. If you do not do it now, then when will you?" He paused to study Chiamaka as she remained in silence, "I better not come back to fetch you!" Davis said and opened the door.

"Do you think I will know him?" asked Chiamaka.

"Get out of the car and follow me!" Davis replied and slammed his own opened door, shut.

Chiamaka opened her own door and stepped out. She wore her own sunglasses and followed Davis who, wanted to cross the other side of the road.

"Davis, wait up for me!" Chiamaka pleased and ran after him.

They got to the gate and stood, Davis looked at Chiamaka, "You need to put yourself in order!" Davis looked nervous as well.

Chiamaka was forced to knock at the gate. No voice was heard at first, but later, a young male voice was heard.

"Who is there?" the young voice was heard again.

The young teen opened the door, only to see two strangers smiling at him.

"Who are you? Are you lost or something?" the young boy asked.
.
.
.

To be continued...

Could it be Chiamaka's son?

AUTHORESS NOTE: Thanks so much for reading 😊. Love you all!