CHAPTER 3

Immediately, she ran to the gate and without thinking straight or getting to confirm if it was truly the gateman, she let the gate flip open. A tall young man, walked in and shut the gate behind; she got scared but the young man looked harmless.

Chiamaka directed him to the sitting room, where the young man bounced on a sofa, smiling.

“My name is Philip! So what's yours?” He asked but Chiamaka refused, so he continued, “I can see that no one is at home..... You know, I have always wanted to get the opportunity to talk to you and today is my lucky day.”

Chiamaka started moving backward with great fear and as she tried to run inside the house, he stretched out and grabbed her, then pulled her to himself. She tried protesting but his hands were strong. She got so upset and bited him! He let go and turned again to smile at her.

“He looks handsome but this is no method to woo a girl.” She thought to herself and summoned courage, now to him, “Get out of this house and don't show up here, ever again.” She commanded but it went in vain, and he pulled her to himself again..

“I like your boldness, you bite real good girl but I'm not going anywhere baby, and really wish to kiss those beautiful lips before I leave here.” And tried attempting to kiss her but she pulled away and gave him a hot sound slap.

“Who do you wish to see?” Chiamaka, all serioused, as she was not enjoying the company anymore....

“Well, I came here to see Mr. Uche. He had asked me to come over for a errand.” He replied, laughing.

Mr. Uche's car horns where heard from the gate. When Chiamaka tried to leave the house for the gate, Philip grabbed her tight and while he kept kissing her neck, the sitting room door opened and Mr. Uche walked into the house, his wife Mrs. Chioma followed.

Philip made it to the door while Chiamaka was left crying, with her shirt unbuttoned and her blue stripes bra was made visible. Soon the rest of the family ran into the house as Mrs. Chioma kept quarreling.

Without listening any form of explanation, Mr. Uchenna removed his belt and used it on Chiamaka while Mrs. Chiamaka added with a broom. Akachi tried to help out but it was of no use and his sisters stared at the scene, laughing continuously.

“So you this witch, you now have the guts to bring a man into the house?” Mr. Uche shouted while he kept trashing Chiamaka with his leather belt.

“No o, un--cle it is not true oh!” Chiamaka kept begging but their ears had an earphone covering it.

“You are leaving this house today!” Immediately, Chiamaka held her uncle's trouser, begging not to be throw her out but he did not listen and instructed his daughters to go into Chiamaka's room and throw out the needed.

Some minutes later, Chiamaka was thrown out and the floor was rough, so as she tried to kneel, the concrete floor dealt with her kneels but she caredless for the pains. Akachi tried to once again help Chiamaka, but got threaten by his father and had no alternative than to walk back into the house, crying.

The gateman too, could not bear to see Chiamaka but was scared to lose his job. His wife had just given birth to the fifth child and he needed his work to keep his family fed.

Chiamaka wandered down the rough street, with some of her belongings that were thrown out.... A car stopped and a woman walked out but Chiamaka did not worry if it were to be kidnappers.

“Hey!” The woman called out and it sounded familiar and so Chiamaka turned immediately.

“Good evening ma!” Chiamaka stood and stayed for the unknown woman to get to her car, but Chiamaka still felt, she had met the woman before. Chiamaka cleaned her running nose and faced the woman.

“I'm your aunt best friend, I met you some days back, after I returned from my long stay at Germany.” The woman, looked carefully at Chiamaka and continued, “So why do you look a mess, with your bags, wandering this dangerous street?” The woman asked.

Tears again flowed down Chiamaka eyes. “I was thrown out of the house!”

“Oh my, that's awful! Why such cruelty to a young girl?......... Well, my name is Jennifer and I guess, you are Chiamka. Mrs. Jennifer felt sympathy for Chiamaka and needed to know the reason for that.

“Yes ma! Am Chiamaka.” Chiamaka replied, still cleaning her running nose with her bare hands.

“Please, follow me, get into the car, let's talk privately. I do not like this street.” Mrs. Jennifer talked and pointed to her car. But Chiamaka shakes her head in refusal.

“I know you are scared but I do not wish to harm you but to hear you out and help if I can.” Mrs. Jennifer, reassured her and leaded the way to the car. Chiamaka accepted the offer and zoomed off with the woman.

AUTHORESS NOTE: Thanks for reading. Please vote, comment and follow me for more interesting books.