Chapter 39

“Mummy, in school today my teacher said I should bring carbon paper for class project.” David said from the entrance.

“Tomorrow, just remind me, so we get it on the way to school, okay?” Mrs. Lizzy said and shut the door.

The children got a glance of their father on the sofa and ran towards him.

“Daddy, daddy!” Their voices echoed as they embraced him, “Daddy, good afternoon!” They greeted.

“How are you?” Mr. Anthony asked while he still held them to himself.

“Fine!” they replied their father  and then noticed Mr. Mike, “Good evening sir!”

“Welcome!” Mr. Mike answered

“Oya, the two of you should go to your rooms, take off your clothes and  have your shower.” Mrs. Lizzy said and the children ran to do as their mother had instructed.

“Honey, please sit with us!” Mr. Anthony requested and she turned to Mr. Mike.

“Good evening sir! How is the family?” Mrs. Anthony asked as she sat close to her husband.

“Fine madam!” Mr. Mike replied.

“Honey, I called Mr. Mike here because of the letter I received. And that was the major reason I asked you to come back home.” Mr. Anthony asked with furrowed brows.

“Ah, this one you look angry. What is the problem? Did something happen?” Mr. Lizzy asked as she feared for her husband's business since the lawyer was present.

“Hand the letter to her!” Mr. Anthony said.

“Here!” Mr. Mike handed the paper to her.

As she went through the letter, her eyes widened in shock. But as she noticed both eyes on her, she had to maintain and act cool.

“Someone sued me!” She said in a shaky tone.

“It is a demand letter! I will need you to tell us the truth, because if this is handled properly from now, we might win this. Why this is called a demand letter is, you as the defendant will have to reply by accepting the allegations to be true or not.” Mr. Mike explained.

“I know but who is this lady and why are my accusing me of such nonsense. I don't know any Miss Chiamaka Edoche! Maybe it is a wrong letter.” Mrs. Lizzy tried to confuse her husband and Mr. Mike.

“But the address there is yours nah!” Mr. Mike said as he tried to pick it.

“But why will I abduct a child? For what nah? Are my a ritualist or what?” Mrs. Lizzy asked to no one.

“So why will she...” Mr. Mike was yet to finish when he got interrupted.

“A lady once came here to ask for her child. That was a week ago or so. She was confirmed to be mad by the person who was there with her. The person apologized and they both left in peace. So why will I be given this again. I don't even know her name to be Chiamaka, because she is the only one claiming I took her child.” Mrs. Lizzy lied and the men believed.

“Mummy, Mummy!” Judith called out from her room upstairs.

“Please excuse me, let me attend to my daughter!” She pleaded and left the men.

“It is fine!” Mr. Mike replied.

The shock of everything was disturbing to Mr. Anthony. He does not know what to believe anymore. For sure, he believed his wife but why would a mad person be allowed by the court to attempt sue. It was rather confusing! If she was really mad and her relates knew of it, then why would the court allow such. He looked at the Lawyer and then at his wife as she walked up the staircase. He was frustrated and prayed after the reply, it would fall on their favor. His wife relied on him for anything and he ensured the wife lacked nothing even when his family tried to separate them.

“You just heard her! So the best is to deny the case and I pray it ends there. I trust my wife and I am sure she can't be involve in such activities.” Mr. Anthony said in his deep cracky voice.

AUTHORESS NOTE:

🌝🌝

Take care of yourself, okay?