Chapter 47

Davis still could not believe that Chiamaka was the one who called. He tried to call the number again and again and again but the line was not reachable. He never thought she would call. Did she forget to take her phone or, that day?

He suddenly dropped the phone down and tears rolled out his eyes. When she said 'hello!', his heart beat faster and his whole body got weak. He missed her and can still perceive her scent. He missed holding her close to himself. Ever since that day, his life became worst than it was before he met her. His sleep vanished and all he wished was for Chiamaka to come back.

“Ahh...” Davis screamed out as he could not suppress his pain anymore.

Christiana who heard Davis scream woke up and wondered why. She stood up from her bed, left her room and walked towards Davis room.

Still crying, he did not notice when his sister entered the room.

“What is it Davis? What happened? Is it your stomach?” She asked and hurriedly went closer to his drawer so she could give him his drugs.

Since the incident, their parents asked Christiana to live with him. She was the only one Davis would talk with. He loved her as much as he loved Chiamaka but Chiamaka own was higher. He hated his family and took only their last born as his family.

“No, don't give me drugs, it will not heal me. Drugs can't heal a broken heart.” Davis cried out and Christiana stopped half way. She understood what he meant and sat on the bed.

“Chiamaka, right?” Christiana asked and Davis nodded like a little boy.

He was crying bitterly and his sister felt sorry for him. She wished, she could help but, she doesn't know what happened between them and it scared her.

“I miss her!” Davis whispered and Christiana hugged him. He stayed calm like a small child in his mother's embrace.

He considered Christiana to be the lovely mother he never had. She patted him calmly as he rested his head on her lap. She felt pity for him.

“Sorry bro! You need to stop crying, it might affect the wound. You remember what the doctor said, right?” Christiana asked.

“Yes but I can't help it. And when I heard her voice, my heart felt so hurt and lonely.” Davis uttered, sadly.

Christiana understood when he said he was alone. She remembered the way her brother flirt with Chiamaka's pictures. All his status on WhatsApp was her picture.

“I know that too but, your wound needs to heal well. The drugs gave you injuries. Even the cut from the operation. Please, try and put yourself together.” Christiana said and Davis nodded, still crying on her lap but he wasn't loud.

Suddenly, something came to Davis mind, ‘track that number!’

Christiana stayed with him and laid on the bed so he won't start crying again. He folded himself like a new born on the bed, and Christiana placer her hand on him. Davis was a grown man but deep down, he was still a child.

Chiamaka still felt sad as she laid on her bed. It wasn't long Patricia left the room and she felt the whole world on her shoulders. Many thoughts ran through her mind. With the way she was missing Davis, she wondered if he ask her back; can she resist? She still loved him but not sure she can easily forgive him for what he did to her.

She took her phone and dared not to turn it on, so Davis won't call her again. And while thinking, slowly she fell asleep.

The following morning, a knock was heard and Chiamaka looked up at who entered her room.

“What is the matter? Are you well?” Chiamaka asked as she looked at Patricia strange look.

“I came to give you the news, since your line have not been reachable.” Patricia said.

Chiamaka who was surprised at Patricia's statement, took hold of her phone and then remembered what happened, she turned on the phone and picked up her wrist watch she left on her drawer and her eyes widened. The time was twenty seven minutes pass nine o'clock in the morning.

“I did not notice I have been sleeping for hours. What is it you want to tell?” Chiamaka asked, anxiously. 

AUTHORESS NOTE:
Shouldn't Chiamaka forgive him already? Do you want them back together? If you were in her shoes, will you forgive him?

Please your votes, comments and engagements is important. Thanks for readying through.