CHAPTER 8

Susan opened the door with a sad face, “Are you sure you want to do this?” she asked Chiamaka, who is still at the front of a standing mirror.

“And who said I am not!” With a forced smile, she turned to Susan and walked how she was taught. She had made up her mind and there was no turning back.

Chiamaka began to follow the other girls to parties and nightclubs. It was at first difficult to understand the game, but later, she began to understand.

The game paid well, but the sex, paid higher. She started to sleep with men and soon, her price became extremely expensive, but big men still paid and sporadically, it was men from the government. Some girls harbored envy and began to spread rumors that Chiamaka was using charms to lure men to herself, and that made most of them, in the game, go to native doctors for charms.

Susan became the only one who could freely chat with Chiamaka because she was an introvert and only talks when asked a question. Even with all the money she earned from her rich sugar daddies, she refused to leave the house she squat with others. Chiamaka shared her money into three parts, one of which she gives Susan, the other for orphanage homes and the last for her upkeep. No matter how Susan Quarreled Chiamaka not to give her any money, Chiamaka would not listen.

If the club didn't have enough of the rich dudes, the girls would stand outside, by the roadside, showing off their private parts to attract men. Some wore only pant and bra. Of which women, coming back late from night vigil with kids, would close their eyes so as not to see the naked ladies. Well, Chiamaka does not dress in pants and bra but her elegant dressing, drew men crazy. Men loved Chiamaka body that some paid her for two days. Some girls, unfortunately, fell victim to ritualist and yahoo boys (the G-boys).

“Have you heard the trending news in town?” Nora, the slim albino, asked.

“Which news you dey talk about?” Chidinma, the one so addicted to chewing gum, that even without investigating, one could tell she was a sex worker; she replied with another question, curious!

“You know that annoying babe wey dey follow us sometimes stand close to that transformer side?” Nora asked another, and this time, the other girls' attention was drawn. 

Chiamaka who seem carried away by the movie she was watching with her phone, paused it and faced Nora to hear what she was about to say.

“We know her I guess..... So?” Susan asked hers.

“Last night, she was killed by a suspected ritualist. Her body was found close to a bush, under a bridge. Her body parts were collected!” Nora uttered, and the room became quiet, with eyes staring from one person to another.
Susan placed a hand on her chest and shook her head.

“Na me bin wan enter that motor way carry her oh! But as she come dey para, I kukuma come allow her. Chai!” Chidinma explained,, and then her phone began to ring.

“This life no balance oh.…. And that girl was hot cake.” Susan added, still surprised! Stood up from her chair and walked down to the kitchen.

At night, the girls changed location to another street because they feared those men involved in killing might come back for more girls. As weeks went by, Chiamaka became the famous sex worker. Men were craving for her and the girls in the neighbor blamed Chiamaka for bad market and accused her of using charms. Unlike the other girls, Chiamaka was natty, well-mannered and had respect, and that was not features of a sex worker.

“O girl, make I ask you oh, wenti dey your body way I no get? Abi na juju you dey use?” One girl, popularly known as Shine Shine Bae, attacked as Chiamaka refused to answer to her unreasonable questions. And as Chiamaka tried to walk away, Shine Shine Bae dragged Chiamaka's mini gown and slapped her on the back.

The pain was much to bear as Chiamaka turned back and boom, the fight began. Insults heard, bottles broken, clothes torned and wigs removed. Susan collapsed as, one of the girls, banged her head with a bottle. Luckily, the police came and arrested the girls who started the fight, while Susan was rushed to a nearby clinic.

Chiamaka and her friends went back to their former area and prayed not to fall victim. Susan got better and life continued.
Two months later, a girl, called Rose, got pregnant for one of her client. Her client's name was Charles! Charles was Rose regular customer, she barely slept with anyone else since the dude was always coming to pick her up.

Rose got frustrated and scared, the pressure to abort the child was much but still, she forced herself to inform Charles first of it and let him decide. Even Chidinma encouraged her to keep the child no matter what the man might agree on, she also promised to Rose if the need arosed. And when Rose broke the news to Charles, he did not argue, but asked her to marry him.

“Omo, babe, you lucky die oh! Even as you dey sleep with men up and down, e no reason, am.” Chidinma could not believe it.

Chiamaka hugged Rose, “Congrats to you dear, soon you will get married and be called a mum too!”

“Thank you!… Well, when I told him about the pregnancy, he was happy though and then, he went home and broke up with his fiancé. He said she gives him tough time at home and that's why he got addicted to me. And since I'm pregnant, he doesn't see the need to have her around anymore. The only thing is, he's working on how to cover my negative identity so as his parents will quickly accept me, but he has no problem with me.” Rose explained to the other girls, and they seemed more excited.

“Chai, una dey see this love? I know say the way that Charles dey always shower you with money. I know, say na love.” Everyone laughed at Chidinma's silly talks.

AUTHORESS NOTE:
To be continued...

How's this chapter 😁, hope it's not too horrible?