Chapter 46

After Chiamaka left Davis, he held on to her phone and snubbed calls and messages. He kept praying and wishing she would come back for the phone but she never did. Since Chiamaka wasn't near him, he do place her phone at the side of the bed Chiamaka love to sleep.

Anyone who sees him at night would call him, mad. The more he thought of her, the more he felt scattered. He had tried to track her but impossible. It took him years to track her before but he wish to track her down this time in weeks. He was really in love with Chiamaka and because how hurt he got, he because an introvert again.

Chiamaka was in her room and the news of what happened to her friends came back. Tears rolled down, she felt uncomfortable and wished her friends survived. She wondered what happened and wished she had their contacts but then, it was in the phone she left in Davis car.

Out of the blues, she decided to try the her line and see if it was reachable. She dialed her number and the phone rang. She was shocked and hung up. Davis was fast asleep when the ringing tone woke him up. Feeling so naive to know if someone was using her phone to yahoo, she called again and this time, the phone was in Davis hands.

“Hello!” Chiamaka said immediately the call was picked.

“Hello!” Davis replied and then, like he realized something he felt pains in his heart, “Chiamaka is that you?” He asked as he recognized her voice.

The shock that Davis still had her phone made her drop the phone but luckily, she was on the bed.

“Hello! Chiamaka I know it's you! Please say something!” Chiamaka could still hear his voice and her chest began to ache.

“Davis!” Chiamaka mumbled and placed her hand on her chest. She had missed him and also wished she could tell him she was expecting his child but she suddenly remembered the reason she left and hung up.

Davis noticed the silence and knew his heart wasn't lying to him. He could feel it that it was Chiamaka's voice he heard. He rushed again to dial the number; it rang once and cut. Chiamaka hurriedly put her phone on airplane mood and offed her location. She then grabbed a pillow so tight to herself and started crying.

“Chiamaka!” Patricia called as she opened the door. Seeing Chiamaka in a bad situation, she walked into the room and shut the door behind her, “What is the problem? Why do you look like you just came in contact with a ghost?” She asked.

Immediately she sat on the bed, Chiamaka left the pillow and dragged Patricia in for a bear hug. Patricia could feel how shaky Chiamaka was and wondered why.

“Why do you look like a mess? What happened in my absent? Did you get a threat call?.... Chiamaka talk to me! Seeing you in this mood is not pleasant at all. You are making me feel too scared now! And have you forgotten about your child and what the doctor said.” Patricia warned and Chiamaka immediately, cooled down.

It was as if God intentionally wanted her to get pregnant, so she won't have to cry all the time.

Chiamaka separated herself first from the hug and avoided eyes contact with Patricia. She knew Patricia was right and she really did not want to hurt her child. She has money and could care for him.

“I went out today!” Chiamaka said looking at the bed.

Patricia eyes widened, “Why? I have asked you not to stress yourself for now. I got you a maid to assist you. Or do you wish to have a miscarriage?” She asked and Chiamaka shook her head, “ Then stop stressing yourself! I know it is hard to take it all in but you have to stop.”

“Yes and I will take my time now! When I went to visit Susan girls, i heard they were attacked by killers.” Chiamaka said in a low tone and held herself from crying.

“I know about it!” Chiamaka eyes widened as she heard it, “I did not want to tell you so as not to get you to worry. I really wish for you to recover well before the case trail because that is where the real stress will come in.” Patricia added.

“Do you know why they were attacked?” Chiamaka asked out of curiosity.

“I heard one of the girls played a yahoo guy and was tracked. Unfortunately, the other girls paid for it too!” Patricia answered honestly and Chiamaka kept trying to hold herself.

“Are they alive? Did they kill them?” Chiamaka asked and Patricia facial expression looked pitiful.

“That I do not know!” Patricia replied honestly and tapped Chiamaka on the shoulder.

Patricia wanted to stand up but then she looked at Chiamaka and forced herself, “Mr. Woke called and said he handed the case to his student. He said the young man is good as well.” She said and avoided eyes contact.

“He knows the case won't be a winning one. And that student he talked about have never defend in a real court trail.” Chiamaka frowned. Not because of Mr. Wole did but she frowned at how life was treating her.

“How did you know? He called you too?” Patricia asked and Chiamaka shook her head.

“Not Mr. Woke but the young man the case was given to. Mr. Woke knew I would beg him not to, so he did not want to hear the voice of a loser.” Chiamaka said in a shaky tone and lowered her head. She was sad but had to suppress it for the sake of her health.

“Hey! Do not say that! Just keep believing that things would work out as it should.” Patricia tried to encourage Chiamaka, even if she knew that all was true.

Chiamaka thought if she should tell Patricia of how she called her line and noticed the father of her child is with her other phone. She felt that the information about her friends would be in the phone but the problem she had is, how was she going to get it back?

AUTHORESS NOTE:
What do you think about Davis and Chiamaka?
Do you feel Davis deserve a second chance with her?

Your reads, votes and comments, matters a lot.