CHAPTER 19

“I do not understand you! Are you sure you heard Susan? That your child is alive? And you really want to believe that? What if she just want to hurt you more with your past? I just do not get it.” Davis eyes widened as he stared at Chiamaka who have been in tears even before he walked in.

“That was exactly what she said, I swear. She sounded serious and also gave me the address of the place I can find my son.” Chiamaka took her phone, opened the saved address at her notebook and handed it over to Davis, who looked stunned.

If truly what Susan said was true, then things would get complicated.

“Are we to call on the police force?” Davis asked and Chiamaka turned to face him.

“And tell them what? Davis, it will only make matters worst. I am still thinking of  better way out.” Chiamaka replied and cleaned the running nose with her face towel. She was tired of crying. Her past she tried so much to forget, still return to hurt her. “I am coming, let me trash this.” She stood up and walked out.

Not up to five minutes, Chiamaka walked back into the room to find Davis on the bed, writing something on a paper.

“What is that?” She asked as she stretched her head to peep the content Davis was writing.

The stop Chiamaka from stressing herself to peep, Davis handled the paper; small torned piece of to her.

“The address! We are going to visit the environment first!” Davis said as Chiamaka went through the paper. Davis just copied the exact things Susan wrote.

Chiamaka collected her phone as well and sat on the bed next to Davis. “But what do I say to the family? How do I cool my temper, after knowing she left me to die. If she had asked me, just maybe I could have accepted I was a teen then and needed to survive. I would have freely given my child to her but will be permitted to visit, at least to watch him grow, even from afar but no, she did not even respond to my questions and still, left me to die there, just because I have no one.” Tears began to roll down her chins.

Davis took Chiamaka into his arms and tried to calm her down. He felt very guilty and wished her could change her past and present as well. For him, Chiamaka deserved happiness and he wished to give her that no matter how.

“I will do anything in my power to bring back, you...ur child. I will give this address to my good friend; he is quite a good tracker.” Davis promised and kissed her forehead.

Chiamaka looked up at Davis and kissed his lips. “Thank you!” She commented and relaxed back at his embrace. She was sad but his warm hug was enough. For her, Davis was the best man ever on the earth. She wished he could ask her to be his wife but then, she was a prostitute and no man would want to keep her.

At the hospital, Susan called Patricia to tell her something because she feared her death was by the corner. Her lawyer had just left the ward before Patricia popped in.

“Susan, I saw your calls and had to rush as fast as I can. And your lawyer just came out of your ward.” Patricia said and pointed the entrance.

“These are the details for my GTB account. Give them to Chiamaka and tell her it is my last wish. Give them to her with this letter.” Susan stretched her hand to Patricia.

“I pray she listens talk more of accepting gifts from you. If only you told her all this from the very beginning.” Patricia stated while collecting the file and envelope from Susan.

“I do not have an answer. But tell her, it is my dying wish! Also take this too, they are my cars. Sell them and give the money to those I listened in the list. Please share the money well, I trust you!” Susan said, then got chocked by cough. “Death is here! I can feel it's presence. It wants me to sing along to it's tune and dance to it as well.”

“Susan, don't say that! You will surely survive this! I believe God can still make a way.” Patricia moved her seat closer to Susan's bed. “Susan, if you die, please find peace. Do not cry even in the land of the death. And know that all your death wishes, I will grant them.”

“I know you will! God you say? He even want me dead! I have done so much and I regret Chiamaka's own more. I prayed before now to find peace and hope so!..... From the very first day, until today, you are the only person who understands me better. And now, I leave Chiamaka to your care. Please help her out. I have wronged her by peeling the coat of her injuries forcefully but I wish to treat it better. She hates me now from her heart, I can feel it as well! Help her smile again. Do not let her end like me; I beg you!” Susan was still pleading when death came. She started shaking, and Patricia ran out.

“Doctor! Nurses! Come oh, a patient is dying!” Patricia called out. And before she could get help, Susan was long gone.

Patricia cried and close with the doctor to check her pulses and confirm her death.

“She is dead! Sorry madam!” The doctor said and Patricia began to cry.

“Susan, you can't go like this, you can't live me all alone here! You also deserved to be happy. How can life be so cruel? Why can't we be happy?” Patricia kept crying as she sat on the ground close to Susan's bed, and she watched them cover Susan's lifeless body with a bed sheet.

“Madam, put yourself together! As the only person here at he moment, you need to sign the hospital documents so her corse will be taken to the mortuary.

Patricia reached out for the files and her purse and walked out with the doctor. 
.
.
.
To be continued...
What can you say about this chapter?
Below is a pic of Davis!