Chapter 42

Mrs. Lizzy began to run round the wilderness; she called on her husband, but did not see him. It seem she was all alone with Chiamaka and then, she began to beg for forgiveness.

“Let me be! Leave me alone!” Mrs. Lizzy cried out.

“Give me back my son! Give me back my child! Give me back my blood!” Chiamaka's voice increased and sounded scary. Out of being frightened, she screamed and woke up to see most persons in her bouquet staring at her, including her sale girls, who ran there as she was crying out to know what the problem was or if their madam was under attack by one of the customers.

Carol walked closer and noticed Mrs. Lizzy add tears in her eyes.

“Madam, are you okay? You are crying!” Carol said and Mrs. Lizzy took her blink phone to use as a mirror and was shocked to see, she really had tears in her eyes.

“Everyone should leave here now! Take the customers to the other side!” Mrs. Lizzy said and Carol went to carry out the instructions but people were hardly opening.

Mrs. Lizzy who noticed the stares, got so provoked, “Will you get out of here now! How dare you? So I can't have my own privacy in my shop?” She yelled and the customers began to hide their faces as they walked out of sight.

As soon as everyone was out, Mrs. Lizzy started crying. She was scared of what might happen next. Just then, her phone rang, and it was her husband!

“Hello honey, how are you doing?” Mr. Anthony spoke first, immediately the call was picked.

“I am okay!” She forced herself to say.

“Are you?” Mr. Anthony asked through the call.

“Yeah!” She lied, again!

“You do not sound like it tho!” Mr. Anthony said as she also noticed the tone he used.

“I am only stressed, nothing else!” She lied and tried to talk normal, “But you too do not sound okay, what is the problem?” She asked.

Mr. Anthony sighed heavily through the call before he answered, “They are still pushing on with the case!”

Fear gripped Mrs. Lizzy, “Ah! How? Why?” She asked as confusion and frustration crawled in.

“I do not know why! The lawyer called few minutes ago to inform me of the matter at hand. Honey, are you sure you are telling us what the problem is really all about? Is not like I do not trust you, I do, entirely. I just need to know how to assist you! I really feel like I am the one being sued. Please, I beg you to be opened to me if you are having any issue. We have money, at least, I have worked enough money for our family, if there is any issue consigning money, it is not a problem. You have helped me so many times with your business too and I do not mind to reverse. Please, honey!” Mr. Anthony begged and tears kept rolling down her eyes, “Honey, are you there?”

“Yes! I am not hiding anything from you. I do not know what or why they want to drag me to the mud.” She forced herself to say. Her lies grew more but how was she going to explain to her husband what she had done?

The fear of losing her husband was something she could not stand to face. Her husband was her everything, even when they wanted to push her away for not having a male child. Was it her fault? Was she the creator of babies? How then was she to be blamed for it?

“Okay then, I will tell Mr. Mike to accept the case. When you come home, we will talk more on it! Love you, honey!” Mr. Anthony said.

With a shaky lips, and a heavy drop of tear, she forced herself, “Love you too!” She replied and he hanged up.

If Chiamaka would further the case, which means they have evidence to prove but she won't let them take her marriage down. She sworn to fight with everything and her last card. Her husband should not know the truth, no matter what.

“Madam, one of our customer needs your attention!” Carol said. But before then, Mrs. Lizzy hid her face and pretended to have been asleep.

*                      *                      *

AUTHORESS NOTE:
I don't like Mrs. Lizzy one bite.