CHAPTER 21

Chiamaka fastened her steps so as Evans would not catch up with her, or even, so he would get the silent message and that was, she did not wish to talk to him, ever.

“Chiamaka, please stop this! Let's talk, I beg of you.” Evans pleaded from behind. “I can explain everything, I know you are hurt and upset, but please, give me a chance to explain.” He added.

Out of annoyance, Chiamaka stopped and turned to face Evans. If only Evans knew the level her anger had reached, he would have just let her be.

“And what else do you want to explain to me? That you were married all this while, even with a child and still, you wanted us to be lovers? Or that you just wanted my body like your dad? I hope you are happy, you have gotten it now?” Chiamaka bombed questions that she did not wish to get replies.

“My baby girl, I'm so sorry, please just let me ex…” Evans tried to finish his statement but was cut short.

“Explain what na Evans? Just tell me what you want to explain? And never you call me that again.” Chiamaka yelled angrily.

She had moved on with her life, and for him to show up woke the memories of that day. If it was not Davis, she would have died that day.

Evans stopped at the front of Chiamaka, “Let us go somewhere private, please!” He begged and attempted to hold Chiamaka's left hand.

Without hesitation, Chiamaka gave Evans a hot slap, not minding people were watching, and walked her way to her vehicle. She remembered, she left her phone in her car. Evans held his face and looked around to notice stares. But it did not stop him from going after her again.

“Chiamaka, please hear me out. I did not mean… I do not know how to say it, but I still have feelings for you, that was why I did not want to tell you. The truth was, I never wanted to get married because I wanted you and you alone…. Please give me listening ears. Please, give me a chance to explain everything.” Evans said, almost kneeling on the ground. The little things Evans said had dragged her attention and she wanted to hear the rest, but she concluded in her that, she was not going to accept Evans, again.

“Okay! Get into the car, let us talk!” Chiamaka replied and rolled her eyes while she walked towards the driver's door side.

Evans entered the car and faced Chiamaka, who was seated at the back of the car already. She took her phone from the driver's side before moving to the back seat.

“Thank you so much!” Evans forced a smile.

“Do you want to explain or not?” Chiamaka asked and Evans’ smile disappeared, then he nodded.

“The truth about everything was that, even if you were still living with us, I doubted we would have gotten married, but I loved you and still love you.” Evans then sat In a comfortable manner and downcasted, “While I was in school, I met Precious! You remember the night I called you to inform you we had a nightclub party?” Chiamaka nodded in response, “That was the very night that changed my life. That was where I met Precious. She walked into the club with her friends; they were invited to the party by my friends. I did not know her before that day, but the way she was all over me seemed so. Even when I tried so much to keep distance, she was my greatest temptation. I knew what she wanted, and I decided to play alone since it was just a one night game.

When the music was mad, she dragged me out and began to twerk on me, rubbing all over my body in a seductive manner. I felt uncomfortable but played alone since my friends were having fun with other girls.
After everything, we got extremely smashed, and I was horny due to her consistent touching and drunkenness. After the blow job she gave me at the club, all I remembered was when she helped me into a room.

In the morning, I figured out we had sex, and it was without protection, it also escaped from my memory to ask her if I cummed in her, or she took something, and I hate myself until day for that. You called me throughout that day and I refused to pick, I felt I had cheated on that was why. Just when the semester was about coming to an end, I was on my way back from lectures that faithful evening when I saw Precious and then, she broke the shocking news to me. She mentioned, she was pregnant and my heart dropped. I asked her to run some tests, and it was confirmed. I felt so heartbreaking and wanted to carry out DNA test but the doctors I approached said, it can only be done when the baby is born. And I would rather not stain my hands with blood by asking her to abort the child. I wanted to hear from you and then decide on what next to do, but when I returned, I was told you left the house and would never return.

I fell sick and was on a sick bed for three days. It was after my treatment, I had no choice than to open up to mum about Precious pregnancy. She asked me never to try abortion and said I must get married to Precious, of which after my pleading, I was still forced into the marriage.” Evans paused to watch Chiamaka's reaction.

“But that day, she said child, not children. She mentioned something about feeding a child, I did not hear children, nah. Does it mean you have two? I really do not understand, clarify me please.” Chiamaka said with an unsure look.

“I know, but the truth is that, Precious tricked me. Everything she did then was a set-up game well played by her. The child she had then was never mine. When the child was born, I secretly ran a DNA test to be sure, and it turned out the child was never mine. Due to the begs, I trained the child until she entered primary one, then Precious mother carried her, to live with her in the village. One day, I heard the biological father came for his child. He paid all that was necessary and carried his daughter alone. The little girls do call me at times, she still wished I was her real father and said her stepmother do maltreat her a lot.

From the time I knew the truth, my hatred for Precious increased so bad, and I seeped for divorce for years, but she refused, she also threatened to take away my belongings if I dared her. She planned to use domestic violence against me, of which I only slapped her twice. We never lived as husband and wife. And anytime she took in, she would get a miscarriage. I only had her as a sex wife because there was nothing attached to the marriage. It was of recent she got pregnant and the baby stayed. I swear if not for that baby, that that day I met with you, I could have served her another divorce papers..... I am sorry I did not tell you all this.” Evans finished and downcasted.

“Wow, this is tough though! You really have to move on with your family. No matter what your wife did in the past, it is all in the past now and there is nothing that can change that. I am sure she regrets her mistake and loves you now from the heart. Give her a second chance! We are bound to make mistakes, stupid ugly mistakes. I am not the Chiamaka you knew back then; even I have changed, too. Learn to appreciate what you have and be glad! She is your wife, and you have to stop cheating on her.” Chiamaka advised and opened her car and walked out, followed by Evans.

“But Chiamaka, we could still be friends, right?” Evans asked as he pinned her to a car behind.

“Yeah, we can still be close friends and nothing else. You are a father and a husband, you have responsibilities lying on your shoulders and I cannot continue to be your mistress anymore. Do not follow the same lane your father did.” Chiamaka said, and Evans moved even closer.

“Can I have a one last kiss from you? Please!” Evans attempted to kiss Chiamaka, and she did not decline.

The kiss was a long, passionate one and deep down, Evans wished he could get more than that but, unfortunately, things had changed.

“I love you, my baby girl, and I will never stop!” He pulled away and turned immediately. Chiamaka could swear he was crying, and it weakened her more.

“We were never destined to be one.” Chiamaka muttered.
.
.

To be continued... ❤

How is the chapter? What can you say about Evans? Is that guy even saying the truth?

Everybody in this story is a suspect! 😫

I just pray Chiamaka overcomes all! 🙂