Chapter 43

Chiamaka's vomiting continued and Patricia has no choice but to rush her to the hospital. Many tests were carried out and a check up to Chiamaka's mental health was also checked so if the court requested, they would submit without disturbance.

Some tests results came out after hours, but the doctor invited the ladies into his office.

“Come in!” The doctor yelled from behind the closed door.

Chiamaka and Patricia walked in, and the doctor asked them to sit.

“Good evening sir!” They greeted the doctor and he answered with a smile.

“Sorry for keeping you here since the morning hours. I wanted to give the most important news myself.” The doctor said, Chiamaka and Patricia exchanged glance.

“I hope there is no problem?” Chiamaka asked.

“Oh, you should not worry tool much. Unfortunately, other results won't be out today because of the processes they have to undergo. But the available one will be given.” The doctor reassured.

“Okay sir!” The both ladies responded almost the same minute.

“So Miss Chiamaka” The doctor raised his right brow when he saw the Miss, “Sorry to ask but your registered name has a Miss tag, are you single?” The doctor asked.

“Why do you pick interest in my personal life?” Chiamaka attacked with a question.

“I am so sorry if it sounded so. I only asked because of the result here. I was thinking your paper has been tampered with.” The doctor answered, honestly.

“I am single!” Chiamaka said and the doctor looked at her with disappointment.

“Okay! According to one of the results, it is shown that you are a month pregnant!” The doctor announced and looked at the ladies reactions.

Chiamaka looked depressed and uncomfortable, she touched her tommy and had to hold herself from crying. Patricia patted Chiamaka's lap and calmed her down.

“Okay sir!” Patricia answered.

“It is also noticed that the mother's health is not supporting. She's been stressed and it is not helping the child at all.” The doctor stated.

“Thank you so much! I will look it that!” Patricia said with a smile.

After some other small issues were been discussed, the doctor wrote down the drugs for Chiamaka and directed them where to get it.

“Thank you so much!” Chiamaka thanked the doctor and stood up to leave.

Patricia who was already standing, turned back at the doctor, “We will be back for the remaining test results.” She said and the doctor nodded.

They left the hospital but Chiamaka was quiet during the ride, she was not crying but just mute. Her whole world was scattered and the pregnancy was something else. She began to wish Patricia had allowed her jump off the bridge but then she remembered her unborn child and her thought child alittle. Children are blessings from God and if she had jumped off the bridge, it would be tagged as been self centered, because her child would have died as well. Her pregnancy gave her a new face and mind set. She had to put her children first. She had no idea on how to get her son from Mrs. Lizzy but based on how Patricia always adviced, the hope of getting him back should never be dragged down.

Chiamaka looked at Patricia as she drove the car and she smiled. Her life has always been a mess but one way or the other, life brings someone to assist her. How was she ever going to thank her for her support. Then she remembered her other friends! She missed them, most especially Chidinma.

AUTHORESS NOTE:

How is this chapter?

Thanks for the reads so far. Please, vote and comment too. Thanks.