CHAPTER 17

The following day, Chiamaka woke up from bed but Davis has already left the house. She got worried because it was unlike the Davis she knew; he would never leave the house without either waiting for her to wake up or waking her up.

“Maybe he got an emergency at work!” Chiamaka mumbled as she picked up her phone. Since she met up with Davis, her zeal to continue as a harlot suddenly reduced. He could satisfy her sexually even without the real sex. Her clients gave her alot of missed calls, even the politicians.

As she scrolled through her apps and clicked on message, she saw Davis dropped a message as well. He apologized for leaving so and had promised to retire with her favorite vanilla ice cream and milk cake. She wanted to turn off her phone, then her eyes caught Chidinma's message; it came in last week and since Chiamaka did not check her messages, she missed the message. Chidinma's message stated that, Susan requested her presence. Chidinma also dropped the name of the hospital and the address. She began to wonder what the problem might be and if Susan had already died.

She wrote back to confirm her thoughts;
'I just got your message, what is the problem?', she sent it and in no time, Chidinma called.

“Hello, Chiamaka, how you dey and where you been go? Omo, you make us think say something don happen to you. Even me way be your girl, you no hello me!” Chidinma spoke first in a sympathize tone.

“No vex for me! I saw your message this morning, what could be the issue? Why at the another hospital? Is it still her sickness?” Chiamaka bombed questions at Chidinma and she did not want to mention the sickness, because she still have the feeling, Susan has not told them yet.

Chiamaka laid back on the bed, while Chiamaka exhaled heavily, before she replied, “O girl, as I dey talk to you now eh, you no fit get the real situation of wenti dey happen. Just come see for yourself and the thing be say, she just dey ask of you anyhow. She dey fear make she no come die without meeting you. Ma why we dey kill ourselves to find you. Me self dey fear say she fit die today. Abeg, just try reach here now now.

Chiamaka became a little worried. Was Susan going to die? Alot ran through her mind as she had her bath and took Davis car keys. Davis, parked two cars at the car park. The range rover, he uses to go to work, while Honda is left at home for Chiamaka use. So she took the Honda's keys and locked the house.

“Musa, open the gate for me, I want to drive out! And once I am out, do not open the gate for anyone if not myself or Davis, understood?” Chiamaka ordered the young Hausa boy who was newly employed as a gateman. Then she hopped into the car.

On her way to the hospital, there was traffic and she used the opportunity to text Davis about her whereabouts. She has a habit of telling someone of her whereabouts, because the world is not a safe place and no one is trusted. She somehow doubted Chidinma, because it might be a well planned trick to get her out of her hiding squad.

At the entrance of the hospital, there were big dash boards with both a bold display of 'HIV&AIDS IS REAL!', and others are some structures of what the hospital was specialized at and then, the rules and regulation of the hospital and it was stated that all the ruled must be observed. It was a private hospital! As she walked closer, she noticed Chidinma and Nora, then she walked closer to meet them.

Nora noticed Chiamaka first, “You are here!” She walked closer to embrace Chiamaka.

“I just walked in. What are you two doing outside? What about the other girls?” Chiamaka asked as she followed Chidinma into the hospital, while Nora left the hospital. She needed rest.

They walked into Susan's ward. Susan looked more slim than she remembered. Everyone in the room eyes diverted to Chiamaka as soon as she walked in; but Chiamaka's eyes dropped on someone she had not seen for more than a year. It was Patricia! Ever since the time she came in newly, into the girls squatters, but suddenly, Patricia was no where to be found and she never visited.

“Patricia right?” Chiamaka asked before she could stop herself.

“I can see how big you look now; unlike then, you looked awful! Well, have a seat! Susan has been asking about you and since you are here now, I will leave you two. I need to eat and freshen up, right girls?” She asked the other girls and stood up.

Patricia walked out followed by Chidinma and the other girls seated. Kendra the classic baby mama was present as well. Chiamaka was left alone with Susan and the awkward silence fell. Susan looked so pale and seem she was asleep but awake. Looking at her, one would tell that death was not far from death anymore. Her skeleton was visible and her eyes, looked as though, a ball had been fix to a bony hole.

The anger of how Susan talked to her surfaced back. Susan she called her best friend, could not tell her she had contacted the dangerous virus, and still risked her health. What if she had contacted it as well? And the worst part was, Susan slept with men without protection, even after being aware of her disease. 

Chiamaka stood up to leave, Susan was not saying anything and it annoyed her the more, “Do not leave yet! Do you not wish to know about your baby?” Susan stammered and Chiamaka stood in shock. She stared at the entrance as if it became cursed all of a sudden. Was her ears deceiving her or she heard right?

“What did you just say, Susan?” Chiamaka walked back to her seat, close to Susan and sat down without uttering a word.

“I will explain!” Susan pleaded as she kept coughing.
.
.
.
.
.
.
To be continued...

Eweeyyy! Wahala dey oh!

What confession is Susan about to make?

Chai, what if the child was killed?

God dey oh!

Please invite friends, react on comments and react as well! Love you all!