Chapter 61: Money

When Yichen returned with the tub he found Mochou waiting with the money spread out on the table.

"What are you doing?" He asked. He was finding it difficult to understand why Mochou was counting their savings instead of resting in bed or getting ready to bathe.

"We need to talk about money. I admit when you first told me about your savings I thought it would be okay. Recently though I feel like the money is only going out and nothing is coming in. It's not a sustainable way of life." Mochou lectured with a serious look.

They had just enjoyed an intimate moment. Normally Mochou would be too exhausted to think and would be fighting to keep his eyes open. However they ended things after one round and he slept all morning. Mochou now had a chance to think, stare, and worry about the things Yichen had bought.

Yichen looked at Mochou guilty and ashamed. He knew Mochou was right. It was a problem he did notice but hadn't had a chance to properly solve.

"I'll figure something out." Was the only thing Yichen could think to say.

"No, we will figure something out together." Mochou insisted.

"Okay. Let me get the bath ready. We can figure out what to do after we wash up." Yichen said.

Mochou seemed satisfied and decided to help prepare the bath. They quickly boiled the water and filled the small tub full of water.

Mochou stepped into the tub and planned to sit down and enjoy Yichen's usual pampering. Normally at this point he was half asleep and didn't pay much attention to the details, however today was different.

Drip*

Stepping in the tub Mochou felt liquid dripping down his thigh. Feeling incredibly embarrassed he hesitated between sitting down to hide or running out to go to the toilet.

"I'll help you clean up." Yichen said as he picked him up in his arms and began to help deal with the mess he left inside Mochou.

"This is so embarrassing." Mochou whispered as he clung to Yichen.

"Are you only embarrassed now? Do you not remember me doing this after every time we are intimate?" Yichen questioned while laughing.

"I don't remember." Mochou exclaimed a little angry at Yichen for laughing.

"It's fine if you don't remember. I'll take care of it. So relax and let me help you wash up." Yichen said as he took care of all the cleaning.

Mochou soon found himself sitting on the bed in clean clothes and a fresh set of sheets. He was embarrassed and could barely look Yichen in the eyes. Which made Yichen laugh as he emptied out the tub. When he was done Yichen sat down at the table to talk.

"The furniture for the house will cost 2 large gold coins. The linen will probably add up to another large gold coin. That means we should have 4 large gold coins left." Yichen quickly determined.

"Those 4 large gold coins seem like a lot but so did 15 and that's nearly gone."

"I know." Yichen said feeling ashamed he had let things get so bad.

"I want to set these four coins away and not use them. From now on we only spend what we earn. No more using your savings." Mochou stated.

"I'll talk to the doctor tomorrow about starting work." Yichen agreed and decided to talk about how they would make money.

"How much will you earn working for the doctor?" Mochou asked.

"I don't know. If it isn't enough I will work for my dad."