Chapter 83: You'll Get Through This

Mochou was tired and he could feel his eyes grow heavy. Not wanting to sleep out of stubbornness he pulled away from the comfort of Yichen's arms. He expected Yichen to say something. To his surprise Yichen was the one who had fallen asleep.

Realizing how exhausted he must have been Mochou decided to let him sleep. He gently removed the quilt around himself and wrapped it around Yichen. He then lowered him onto his lap.

"Hehe. I can check lap pillow off my bucket list."

Mochou couldn't help but smile as he looked down at the sleeping Yichen. He knew now wasn't a time to smile considering Yichen was hurting but he looked too cute to ignore.

As he slept Mochou ran his fingers through Yichen's hair. They had just had an intense conversation and his mind was still trying to make sense of the reality. Knowing the truth about the world surprised him, but more than that thoughts about his and Yichen's future were more troubling.

"What does Yichen want to do next? Will he want to try for another child? I've accepted the loss of our Little Grape. But the thought of trying to have another child is unbearable right now." Mochou thought as he sat there looking around their new home.

...

In the afternoon Mochou was still awake. He had been busy planning all the things he wanted to make for the house while playing with Yichen's hair.

Knock...

The moment he heard a knock at the door Mochou covered Yichen's ears. He hoped Yichen could sleep a little longer.

"Yichen, it's your mother again. Could you let me in? I'm worried about you and Mochou." She shouted from outside the gate. Mochou felt bad but if he answered Yichen would definitely wake up so he remained silent as she continued knocking on the gate.

"Yichen, I know the two of you are grieving and I'm glad to see you took this morning's food. Don't let it rot in your kitchen like last time. Even when in pain it's important to eat."

"Food? Where?" Mochou wondered as he listened to her talk. He didn't see anything in the living area so he assumed Yichen must have brought it into the kitchen while he was asleep.

"I was hoping to pick up the dishes but that's okay. You can give them to me this evening when I bring dinner. I'm leaving lunch outside the gate again. It's bone soup, some stir fry tomatoes with eggs, and these beautiful mangoes I got from your brothers yesterday."

Mochou was a little interested in eating the fresh mangoes but not enough to risk waking Yichen up. Choosing to deal with the food left at their gate later he leaned back and returned to playing with Yichen's hair.

...

A few hours later Yichen woke up to find himself resting his head on Mochou's lap. Comfortable, he lay there enjoying the moment. It wasn't until he noticed Mochou's light wiggling that he 'truly' woke up and raised his head off of Mochou's lap.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" Mochou asked. He hadn't intended to move so much but staying in one position for so long was starting to cause him some discomfort.

"You didn't. How are you feeling?" Yichen asked.

"I'm fine. Did you sleep well?" Mochou asked.

"I slept great." Yichen answered. As he moved to sit up his hair fell from his shoulder.

"Mochou, what did you do to my hair?" Yichen asked when he noticed over a dozen thin braids.

"I was a little bored. Sorry. I'll untie them." Mochou said a bit embarrassed by what he had done.