Chapter 41: People

Yichen left to replace the water in the jug while Mochou warmed up some leftover soup and a few buns for breakfast.

"It hurts." He thought as he squeezed his left arm. When he woke up his fractured arm was throbbing. Yichen walked in to see him rubbing his arm.

"Does it hurt?"

Yichen never once forgot about Mochou's arm, however Mochou always seemed eager to do things on his own. Even when he offered to help or suggested he take things slow Mochou insisted he was okay.

Now he could see that Mochou was in pain. Seeing him that way Yichen had an urge to point out that he wouldn't be in pain if he had only listened to him and taken it easy. A point he struggled to keep to himself.

"It's fine. It's just a little sore." Mochou admitted feeling a little embarrassed.

"I'm sorry, I should have helped you prepare dinner last night." Yichen said.

"It's not because of that. I admit it took me longer to cook with just the one hand but the soreness was probably just because I slept on it wrong or something." Mochou said.

"Mochou, I love how independent you are but I think you need to consider your situation more."

"What do you mean?" Mochou asked a little irked by his insinuation.

"My uncle has always told me that our health is connected to our environment and the choices we make not just our body. When our lives are out of balance our body becomes out of balance and the opposite is true as well." Yichen said.

"I don't understand? I didn't use my arm so cooking last night shouldn't affect it." Mochou said. Yichen furrowed his brow and pinched the area between his eyes as he tried to think of another way to explain what he meant.

"Let me explain it in a different way. Last night, no since you got hurt, you have been doing things as though you weren't injured. I'm also to blame for that because I pushed for the wedding. The problem is that your body is out of balance because of the injury so we need to change your environment to fit the imbalance." Yichen said. His words were a lot less philosophical but still confusing for Mochou. Yichen could see he was still struggling so he continued to explain as best he could.

"The point is that even though you managed to cook everything one handed, it was still a difficult task. That plus everything else that has happened to you it's putting extra stress on your body and worsening your arm. Mochou what you need is rest. If you don't your body will struggle to recover." Yichen explained.

Mochou finally understood a little of what Yichen was trying to say. Basically Yichen was worried he wash pushing himself and wanted him to rest.

"I guess I have been overdoing it a little. It's just I hate sitting around doing nothing when there is so much to do." Mochou said. Words he quickly regretted when He saw Yichen's troubled expression.

"I hate it but I guess I can do less. I don't need to start working on my bow right away. I wouldn't be able to use it until my arm heals anyway." Mochou said. When he did Yichen looked relieved. Mochou was glad Yichen felt better about his decision but he wasn't done talking yet.

"I promise to take it easier but I still want to check the traps. If there are any rabbits or birds they'll die if we leave them too long. That or they will attract bigger or even more dangerous animals." Mochou said.

"My bae is so hardworking. I love that about him but I wish he would relax more." Yichen thought as he massage Mochou's shoulder to help relieve some of the pain caused by the weight of his splint.

Mochou couldn't help but hum because of how comfortable the massage made him feel. Yichen smirked at the sound. Glad for the response he leaned in closer and snuck a quick kiss at the nap of Mochou's exposed neck.