Chappter 24: Wedding Preparation (Pt.2)

When they returned to the village Yichen nearly threw everything they purchased into the house before dashing off to Mochou's little hut.

"Yichen!" His mother shouted but he was already too far away to hear her.

When he reached Mochou's hut he found his three brothers and father working in the yard. Yi Peng and Yi Hao were repairing the worst of the crumbling wall, while Yi Xuan and Yi Ming were leveling the yard.

"Wait what are you doing? Mochou wanted to turn this into a garden." Yichen said.

"Mochou said as much but the space is too small to have a banquet if we don't include the garden areas. In exchange we will help till the area after the wedding." Yi Xuan said.

Yichen was still unhappy about them undoing all of Mochou's hard work but he ignored his displeasure and went to find Mochou.

Entering inside he found Mochou holding his head as he stood by the table.

"Mochou! What's wrong?" Yichen asked as he moved to support him in his arms.

"Yichen, you're back." Mochou said with a bright smile.

"I'm back. How are you feeling?" Yichen asked as he started to examine Mochou's condition. He lifted Mochou's chin so he could get a better look at his eyes and complexion.

"He's still pale but his eyes are steady and reacting normally." He observed.

"Are you still feeling nauseous? Dizzy? Do you have a headache?" Yichen asked as he helped Mochou to sit down on the bed.

"I've been feeling dizzy on and off, but my headache is getting better."

"Have you eaten anything?"

"No, I'm not really hungry." Mochou admitted.

"Mochou, hungry or not you need to eat. You won't recover unless you eat. I'll make you a bowl of rice porridge. In the meantime you should lay down and rest." Yichen folded the quilt open for Mochou to slide into bed.

"I'll cook. I want to make some tea for your brothers as well." Mochou tried to stand up but Yichen wouldn't let him.

"I can do that. You need to rest." He insisted as he grabbed Mochou's legs and forcefully, while still being careful not to hurt Mochou, lay him down on the bed and tucked him in.

Mochou stared at Yichen wide eyed.

"Did he just tuck me into bed? Am I child?" He questioned while Yichen covered him with the quilt.

"I... I'm not a child. I can..."

"You aren't a child but you are injured, my patient, and my soon to be spouse. Lay down and rest. Doctor's orders." Yichen ordered with a playful smirk as he tucked the corners of the quilt tight so Mochou found it difficult to move.

"But..."

"No buts. Go to sleep. I'll wake you up in a couple hours once the porridge is cooked." Yichen quietly stated as he pushed away the hair that was covering Mochou's face.

Mochou felt terrible about resting while everyone was busy working. He wanted to fight his own exhaustion and help. However with his head against the pillow and feeling secure and safe in bed before he knew it he had once again fallen asleep.

...

"Is he asleep?" Yi Xuan asked when Yichen left the hut.

"He is. Did anything happen while I was gone?"

"He vomited once and slept a little when eldest sister-in-law was here. Other than that he's been doing things here and there.

"How long did he sleep for?" Yichen asked.