Chapter 12: Stare

After Yichen confessed Mochou was feeling awkward

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

After Yichen confessed Mochou was feeling awkward. Hoping to change the situation he decided it would be best to check his traps.

"I have to check the traps." Mochou said.

"I'll come with you. I saw a few rabbits caught in them on my way here. Tomorrow I'll go to town to sell them for you and help you buy anything you need." Yichen said.

He would have liked to do more. However Yichen felt Mochou would prefer he didn't try to take control.

"Mochou seems like someone who likes his independence. I don't want to scare him away. Not when I barely managed to get close." Yichen thought as he agreed to help Mochou.

Mochou went to pack his bag. He started by taking the little kitchen knife he had been using.

"Use this instead." Yichen offered. Unlike the kitchen knife Yichen gave him a larger hunting knife that looked sharp and new.

"I can't..."

"I'm lending it to you for the day. Tomorrow when I'm in town I can help you by buy your own knife." Yichen interrupted.

"Even if I have ten rabbits I doubt I can purchase a good pot and knife. I also need to buy salt, oil, seeds, rice. A new knife is not a priority." Mochou said.

"Having a good knife especially if you are trekking through the forest and butchering animals is important. If after buying everything you want you don't have enough money I can rent the knife to you. That or you continue renting the pot and I buy you a knife instead of a new pot." Yichen suggested.

"I suppose." Mochou said after some thought. He felt bad having to rely on Yichen but he told himself that he couldn't keep him at a distance. If he did, Yichen might lose interest in him.

"I've always dreamt of having a partner who could help me. Someone who cares about me. Yichen is doing exactly that. I need to enjoy it, not try to fight it." Mochou told himself before reaching out to take the knife.

"Thank you."

After taking it Mochou shyly headed outside to get the bamboo basket. Yichen however beat him to it. He picked it up and placed it on his back.

"Yichen I..."

"I want to help. Even if it's only as a mile carrying your bags." Yichen said with a smile.

Mochou blushed and shyly smiled back. He didn't try to take back the larger bamboo basket. But rather quietly went to pick up the smaller basket he used to carry the edible plants he found.

With everything ready Mochou and Yichen headed into the forest.

...

Walking through the forest was a lot quieter than expected. Yichen decided to let Mochou think uninterrupted.

After Death, I Finally Met The Man Of My Dreams जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें