Extra 1: Quian Duo's Vengeance

Author's Note: This is a little extra I added because I felt like writing it. Hope you enjoy it. 🧟‍♂️ 🧟‍♀️ 🩸☠️

........

"Hey! Zi Ruo, have you seen Mochou?" Quian Duo asked. They had plans to go out and scavenge in the morning but Mochou never showed.

"No idea. To be honest I haven't seen him since the day before yesterday. He mentioned maybe going out to help this new team or something but he didn't give me much information. You know Mochou. He can be pretty vague when it comes to such details." Zi Ruo said with a smile.

"Vague? When is Mochou ever vague? For as long as I've known him he has always told us in great detail where he's going and what he plans to do. He said it was because This was the apocalypse and you never know if something might happen." Quian Duo thought as he narrowed his eyes suspiciously at Zi Ruo.

He never liked Zi Ruo but he couldn't say anything to Mochou at the time. Mochou was his friend. They fought together and managed to survive in this desolate apocalypse. They had very few secrets between them. That's why Quian Duo knew just how desperate Mochou was to find a lover. A man who could make him happy.

"That guy finally found someone and it was because I encouraged him to do it. If that Zi Ruo did anything to hurt Mochou I'll kill him." Quian Duo thought as he left Mochou's apartment.

The next few days Quian Duo watched Zi Ruo like a hawk. Not just him Fei Long and the rest of their crew also watched him. Not a second went by where they didn't have someone stalking him and his team.

"It's official. No one has seen Mochou since he left with Zi Ruo a week ago. My buddy who works at the gate says they went out together but when they came back Mochou wasn't with them." A young woman said.

"I don't get it. If Mochou died while they were out scavenging then why are they keeping it a secret." Another man asked.

"It's his apartment." Quian Duo said.

"His apartment?"

"You know the rules. If a life is lost their property is returned to the settlement bosses to be redistributed. As his teammates we have first dibs but Zi Ruo would have no claims to it. As long as Mochou is only missing that parasite can continue to enjoy the high life in Mochou's place." Quian Duo explained.

"How long do they plan on keeping up this farce?"

"Shit! This explains why they've been carrying boxes of stuff out of his apartment. They are robbing him blind. Robbing us blind."

"I think it's worse than that. Fei long and I followed them into town the other day. I saw there skill level. There is no way Mochou died and they survived not unless they did something to him." Quian Duo revealed.

"Wait! You don't mean they're those damn jackals who lure men out and kill them off so they can steal their stuff? Mochou would never be that naive!" The young woman shouted.

"You know Mochou as well as I do. He was in love or at least he wanted to be in love. It's not surprising if he let his guard down for that parasite who calls himself Mochou's lover." Quian Duo said.

His eyes were red in anger from the realization that his best friend was killed because of some stupid love. A love he encouraged him to have.

"We can't let him get away with this."

"Should we report him to the settlement bosses?"

"No, all they will do is kick them out of the settlement. Let's deal with them the same way they dealt with Mochou. Out in the city amongst the zombies." Fei Long suggested.