Chapter 25: Wedding Day (Pt.1)

A few minutes later they were standing outside the gates of the house. They were larger than the other houses and the wall around the house was tall. Mochou was brought into the house through the gate. Inside was a beautiful home made of wood, not mud. It had a blue tile roof and the garden was well maintained.

"Why is he willing to live in that dilapidated hut that could collapse at anytime when he could live here?" Mochou wondered.

"Come this way. I will show you to the bath." Yichen's mother said.

"Bath?"

"Yes, I had Ke Xin prepare it for you ahead of time. It's important to be clean before your wedding tomorrow. I will also discuss what to expect of your first night. There is plenty we must do tonight." She said as she led Mochou away.

When they reached the bath Mochou saw a large tub filled with steaming water.

"It's a real bath!!!" He cheered inside. He was never a fan of baths. But after two years of the apocalypse and now living in this ancient world Mochou nearly cried at the sight. Recalling the wondrous feeling of soaking in a tub and not having to worry about saving water made a bath seem like the most luxurious thing in the world.

"I'll put up the screen. You can undress but don't go into the tub yet. We need to scrub all that dirt off before you do." Xin Mi said.

"Wait? We!" Mochou nearly shouted.

"Yes, you're injured and even if you weren't there is no way you can reach your back. Meng Tao will be here soon to help me scrub you clean and wash your hair. Once we do you can relax in the tub. I had Yichen prepare some herbs that smell wonderful and are good for your body to add to the water." She explained as though it was no big issue.

"I... I've never shown my body to anyone and you're both women. It's..."

"It is fine. Although women and GERs have different bodies there is nothing wrong with seeing one another in the nude. Trust me. Now quickly go undress. The sooner we finish the sooner you can go to bed and rest." She insisted as she lightly pushed Mochou behind the screen.

"This is the worst. I don't want them to see my body. Its not exactly impressive, plus the scars under my clothes are worse than those on my face." Mochou thought as he stood unmoving.

"Quickly or I will go back there and undress you myself." She demanded from the other side of the screen.

"Damn it." Mochou thought with tears in his eyes as he began to undress.

When he was done in a very quiet almost inaudible voice he warned Xin Mi.

"Yichen's mother..."

"You may call me mother-in-law."

"Okay. Mother-in-law, I'm done... but please don't be shocked when you see my body. I know it looks bad but... but... the wounds have healed long ago." Mochou whispered.

"You have nothing to feel shy or ashamed of. Now come out." She nonchalantly said.

Mochou took a deep breath. Holding the only cloth he could grab in front of that place he stepped out from behind the screen.

Standing there waiting for him were Xin Mi and Meng Yao who must have come in when Mochou wasn't paying attention.

Mochou was too embarrassed too look up. Realizing this Xin Mi didn't comment on his scars or how thin he was. She simply directed him to step closer to the bath so they could begin using the soap to wash him clean.

Seeing the bruising Mother Xin Mi and Meng Yao were gentle. But there were a few times they had to scrub hard. Like when they cleaned Mochou's feet.

After scrubbing layers of skin off Mochou's body it was time to wash his hair. They had to be extra careful not to get the bandages wet. Because of this Mochou was left exposed to the cold air for too long and he started to feel a chill.