Chapter 75: Gift

"It's perfect!" Mochou exclaimed triumphantly. He had just added the final touches to his wooden sculpture of the kind old couple Ah Lam and Doctor Yen.

The statue had exquisite detail and looked exactly like them. Even Ah Lam's ruddy cheeks and Doctor Yen's kind smile. They were standing hand in hand looking at each other with loving gazes. He made a younger version of the two of them similar to how they looked in his dream. If he had to guess they were nearly fifteen years younger. Looking at it he was reminded of how kind the old couple had been to the previous owner.

"It isn't much but I hope it brings them a smile and conveys our thanks."

Click*

"Mochou, I'm home."

Hearing Yichen's voice Mochou slowly got up and walked over to him. He didn't hurry because of the risk of feeling dizzy.

"Welcome home. Did you have a good talk with your mother?"

"I did. It's not perfect but we'll be fine in time." Yichen said.

"That's good. Come have a look. I finished the gift for the old couple. What do you think?" Mochou ask. He raised the sculpture for him to look at. Yichen wasn't expecting it to be done in the short time he was away. He took the now much smaller piece of wood and stared at it in amazement.

"This is very lifelike. Although... did you make them younger?"

"They are. I tried to match the way they look in my memory. Should I have not made them look younger? I can make another one." Mochou said a bit worried he had made the wrong choice.

"Not at all it's perfect. I'm sure they will love it. I'd love one of us Like this." Yichen said as he looked at the sculpture with covetous eyes.

"I'll give it to them tomorrow."

Mochou was now feeling more confident about his gift. Pleased with the result he went into the hut to safely put away the sculpture.

"Yichen about tomorrow. I think we should check the traps. We haven't been eating rabbits but we'll he able to sell them in town to buy other things we need."

"Mochou I think it would better if you didn't trek through the forest."

"But you said it would be okay if we went together?"

"I know what I said but your health has gotten worse these last two days." Yichen said with concern. Just as he was about to reassure Yichen that he was okay Mochou was hit with another dizzy spell. He hurriedly reached for the chair to keep himself from losing his balance.

"Mochou?!" Yichen shouted as he reached forward to catch him. Securely held in his embrace Mochou felt his dizziness recede. Feeling better he looked up at Yichen.

"Mochou what's wrong? Yichen asked his hand quickly finding its place on Mochou's forehead.

"I got a little dizzy but it's fine now."

"It isn't fine. Mochou, how long have you been feeling dizzy? Why didn't you tell me?" Yichen asked. Seeing how calm Mochou was being he knew it couldn't have been the first time Mochou experienced a dizzy spell.

"Since this morning, but it's probably because I've been unconscious for two days. I've been taking it easy and drinking plenty of water to recover." Mochou said in his defence.

"Mochou, you should have told me. Feeling dizzy is a serious symptom. It could mean you have low blood pressure, are dehydrated, anemic, or worse." Yichen said. He picked Mochou up and carried him to bed.

Mochou now regretted not telling Yichen about the dizziness sooner. He stayed perfectly still while Yichen carried him off to bed again.

"Are you going to use your needles again?" Mochou asked. It had after all been the usual pattern.