Chapter 85: Passion Reignited (NSFW)

"Perfect. It's done!" Mochou exclaimed as he held his handmade wooden compound bow up high.

"It... looks good?" Yichen said.

He wanted to be supportive but the bow Mochou made was unlike anything he had ever seen before. It had the shape of a bow however there were two wheels on both tips with the string running through them.

"It's more than good. It's great. Come with me and I'll show you how amazing it is." Mochou proclaimed with confidence. Yichen wanted to laugh at his childlike expression as he played around with his bow.

It had been three weeks since Mochou had been hurt and started working on his bow. At first he focused only on finishing the lattice work but to avoid getting bored Mochou started working on his bow in between.

Bow in hand and his quiver in the other Mochou headed for the backyard. Following behind him was Yichen who worriedly stared at Mochou's ankle.

"Mochou slow down."

"You worry too much. My ankle is fine." Mochou said.

"You said that a few days ago and pushed yourself too far. The swelling got worse and you were unable to sleep from the pain." Yichen said.

"That wasn't a few days ago that was a week ago. I'm telling you my ankle is fine. Look." Mochou said just before jumping up and down several times.

"Mochou stop playing around. Sprains are tricky. They might not seem that bad but if you don't take them seriously they could take months to heal." Yichen said as he lunged forward to catch him.

"I'm not playing. I'm serious. My ankle is fine. Tomorrow let's go hunting." Mochou said as he pushed his way out of Yichen's protective arms. Yichen furrowed his brow. He didn't want to risk Mochou injuring himself. His body was only now beginning to fully heal from what had happened.

"Yichen, you can't keep me locked inside for the rest of my life. I need to leave the house someday. And that day is going to be tomorrow." Mochou stubbornly stated.

"Fine, but only if your ankle doesn't show signs of swelling tonight." Yichen grumbled.

"Deal. Now come over so I can show you how great my bow is." Mochou said as he hurried outside.

They didn't have a shooting range or targets so either Yichen's help he used some rope to hang a piece of firewood to a branch on the tree by the old hut.

Yichen stood by and watched as Mochou notched an arrow using the strange crisscross bow string. He knew Mochou's strength well. Seeing him prepare he was doubtful Mochou had enough strength to fully draw the bow.

Creak*

Mochou pulled back the arrow effortlessly. Now fully drawn Mochou smiled and took aim. It had been a long time since he last used his signature weapon; the bow. With mixed emotions of excitement and nervousness he took a deep breath and released the arrow.

Swung* Thunk!

The arrow flew through the air and hit the dangling log perfectly. Mochou raised his hands in triumph.

"Yichen did you see? It's perfect." Mochou exclaimed with bright eyes. Yichen looked at the log then at his excited little bae and smiled ear to ear with pride.

"It amazing Mochou!"

Riding his high Mochou notched another arrow and quickly aimed again. This time the log was swaying from the previous hit but Mochou didn't care. He had confidence in his skills.

"This log is way easier to hit then some zombie head." He thought as he released another arrow.

Swung* Thunk!