Chapter 46: The Friendship

Andi arrives a few seconds after Fatima.

"Dang girl you act like I've been gone for months!" Fatima joshed."

They made their plate and chatted away.

"What's up, Andi? You act like you want to tell me something."

"What are you talking about?"

"Girl, I know you. Cut the crap."

"Okay, okay! Don't be mad, but Shari's in town, and I've been hanging out with her." Andi announced.

"So." Fatima shrugged her shoulders. She didn't care anything about Shari, and it was written all over her face.

"Fatima, be nice."

"Well, you're grown, and I can't tell you who you can or cannot talk to," Fatima said very calmly.

"I invited her to come over," Andi said nervously.

"You what! Did you say you invited her over...here? To my house? Well, she is not welcomed."

"But T' she's changed. She's very sorry for what she did. I think y'all should talk it out."

"Whatever Andi. Ya'll are not about to ambush me in my house. Besides, there is nothing I want to say to that girl. Better yet, why don't you leave and make sure she doesn't step foot in my driveway." Fatima started to get irritated.

"You're always kicking someone out of your house." Andi exasperated.

"Oh really?" Fatima grabbed Andi's purse and guided her towards the door. "Get the fuck out!"

"Tima!" Begged Andi.

"Get!" Fatima handed the purse to her. "I don't have time for this right now."

"Can I at least get a to-go plate?"

"You think I'm playing with your ass." Fatima's face showed that she was not playing with Andi at that moment.

Andi knew that look very well. She knew that she was not playing. She took her purse and left.

Fatima finished eating and poured a big glass of wine. "The audacity of Andi." She thought out loud to herself.

***

Zara had felt bad for falling asleep on Calvin the other night. She decided to make it up to him by cooking some smothered chicken and gravy, mashed potatoes, with asparagus.

One thing Mrs. Janet did was teach her daughter how to cook. Zara has it all at 28, she's educated, smart, has good looks, and can cook. However, she made a promise to herself not to get serious with a guy until she finishes school. She was ready to take it a step further with Calvin. He has been such a gentleman and a great friend to her. Besides she's in her residency so most of the hard work is done.

She called him to invite her over for a date.

Calvin arrived around 7:00. She didn't exactly tell him what she had planned, but that it was a date.

She opened the door. "Wow, you clean up nice." He's a gym rat so usually he's in shorts and tees or sweats. This time he wore a nice shirt with slacks. Zara wore a cute little spring dress.

Back to Fatima

The next day Fatima was in the mood for some retail therapy. She had taken off the entire week for the trip. She got ready and went to a few stores in the mall.