Chapter 24: 3 Musketeers

He answers on the first ring.

"Hey, so you finally decided to call back." He gushed.

"Listen, I have you on speaker with Andi."

"Oh, great!" he sounded disappointed.

"Hey, Zac!" said Andi.

"Hey, Andi. What can I help you ladies with?"

"I called to ask you about your brother and Shari."

"What about them?"

"First, could you ditch the attitude?" Fatima demanded.

"My bad, let me start over. How is everyone? How can I help you two?" Zac asked nicely.

"Zac your brother came to my office today telling me to tell Shari to leave you alone." Andi disclosed.

"What does that supposed to mean Zac?" Fatima questioned him.

"Damn Zoe, you had to go there so soon." He thought to himself.

"Look your girl isn't who you think she is. You know my ex, Tia that was supposed to be pregnant. Well, she's not pregnant and Shari has a lot to do with it."

"I'm not understanding. Why would Shari have anything to do with you and that girl?"

"I don't know." Zac tried to further explain. "Tia is a Seattle Hawks cheerleader. We met not long after I moved here at some party. We hit it off and started dating."

Fatima rolled her eyes. She didn't want to hear their love story.

Zac continued. "We dated for a little while, then we became exclusive. She shortly moved in with me and we were together for about a year 1/2, then she changed."

"How?" Fatima asked annoyingly.

"I think that was her way of getting me to like her. She seemed so independent. Until one day she went out with her girls, being the guy that I am I offered to pay her way and her homegirl's way, and sometimes her cousin's way. I said you ain't ever got to pay."

The girls couldn't help but laugh.

"What a mistake that was. She was spending about $20,000 a month. On what, I don't know but I had to cut it off. Then soon after I ended it with her. Then she said she was pregnant. I kept asking to go to one of her doctor appointments, but she kept making excuses. One day we argued, I went to apologize to her at her apartment and caught her having sex with another man. After that, I took her to the doctor and found out she wasn't pregnant and never was."

"What? That's crazy," said Andi and Fatima in unison.

"She mentioned Shari made her do it. Or something. You guys need to talk to Shari, for real."

"Alright Zac, thanks." Fatima got off the phone.

"No problem, anytime." Zac got off the phone.

Fatima and Andi are sitting there silently, soaking up the information that Zac gave them.

"We need to talk to Shari," Andi admitted.