Chapter 43: It's a Wedding

The guests all get seated. Everyone gets into their places. The groom and his party are in the back room praying before the wedding begins. The wedding takes place at Halo Missionary Baptist Church. It is Ms. Janet's home church where she grew up, and started going back to after rekindling with Zachary again.

The men all walked out in their grey tux, looking as sharp as ever. Mr. Taylor's best men were Zac and Zoe. His groomsmen were his cousin, and his former teammate/friend, Stephan.

The Bridal Party

The women were doing their last-minute touchups. Fatima wasn't part of the bridal party, which was fine because she was still a part of the special occasion. She went into the room to give Janet congratulations before she walked down the aisle. Her matron of honor was her best friend, Gloria, Zara was her maid of honor, and her sister Jade was her bridesmaid.

They finished up and said a little prayer. Everyone got in their places to walk down the aisle. Janet's father, Bo Richardson walker her down the aisle.

As they reached the front of the church the pastor asked, "Who gives this bride away?"

"I do, her father, but this one be the last time." Mr. Richardson joked.

The entire church laughed.

The pastor begins the ceremony.

"I understand you two wrote your vows. Go ahead."

Janet: I said I wasn't going to cry, or even be too mushy. To my best friend, my baby's daddy, my partner, and my love. To be able to call you my husband again is a dream come true. I promise to always love you, honor, and cherish you until I take my last breath.

Zachary, Sr: Dear my J Love. I love you and I'm so grateful to be standing here right now about to marry the most beautiful woman in the world. I promise this time around will be the best time of your life. I promise to be the best friend, father, partner, and husband you need me to be. From this day forward I promise only to cause you happy tears and love you for all these years.

Pastor: Janet Marie Taylor, do you take Zachary Eddie Taylor, Sr to be your legally wedded husband under God, myself, and all the guests?

Janet: I do.

Pastor: Zachary Eddie Taylor, Sr do you take Janet Marie Taylor to be your legally wedded wife under God, myself, and all the guests?

Zachary: I do.

Then they exchanged rings.

Pastor: You may now kiss the bride.

Pastor: I now pronounce you husband and wife. Let's reintroduce the couple, Mr. and Mrs. Janet and Zachary Taylor, Sr.

They jumped the broom and walked down the aisle.

"We're married now!" Shouted Janet.

A few minutes later everyone gathered around to take pictures and then headed to the multipurpose center across the street. They wanted to have the reception there so they could get down a little bit more versus inside the church. They danced and partied until they couldn't anymore.

The new couple were so tired after their big day that they didn't have the energy to consummate their marriage. They all had to get up early to catch their flight to Turks and Caicos for their honeymoon.

***

"Who plans a family honeymoon?" Wondered Zoe.

"Your mother." Zara chimed in.

"Look I'm just happy for the free trip." Zac thought aloud.

"Yeah of course you would with your cheap self." Zoe joked.