Chapter 30: Last Night

"Zac! Zac!" Fatima kept calling him.

"Yeah, what's up?"

Zac was daydreaming about proposing to Fatima while they were in the restaurant.

"Are you ok? You were in a daze for a few minutes.

"I'm good. Have you ordered yet?"

"Yes, we both ordered already." Fatima looked at him strangely.

"Sorry, Babe. I was just in my little world." He explained. "Don't look at me like that."

"I'm just wondering about you."

"I'm good. Did I tell you how beautiful you look right now?"

"Yes, you did. Thank you again."

The bread and salad come, and they start eating then Zac's phone rings.

"I'm sorry, do you mind if I take this call?" He asked.

"Go ahead, just hurry up back." She winked.

Zac returned. "Sorry, it was my mom."

"Is everything okay?"

"Yes. I told her I would call her later."

The main dishes are brought to their table.

"I wish you didn't have to go back tomorrow." Zac pouted.

"Let's not think about tomorrow and enjoy today."

"You're right, I'm going to do that."

They continued eating and Zac ordered another drink.

After a few minutes, he was ready to go.

"Let's go. I'm ready for dessert."

"Ooh, okay. I have dessert ready for you," Fatima flirts back.

They go to the car and the driver drives them back to the house. On their way back, Zac was a little tipsy. "T, how would you feel if we went and eloped?"

"Hmm, I guess I would be okay with that." She thought.

"Like right now," he explained.

"Where is all this marriage talk coming from?"

"What's wrong with us getting married?"

"You're drunk."

"No, I'm serious. We can elope right now and then I will give you your dream wedding later."

"My dream wedding is in Jamaica with all my family and friends." She hinted to him, try to see if he would agree."

"Okay, we'll do that, but can we go to the chapel right now?"

Fatima looks at him and thinks about it. She was happy to be back with Zac again and didn't want to mess it up, but she also didn't want to rush it. She was never a person to act on impulse or rush into anything. Marriage is a huge step, but you only live once.

"What do you want Fatima? What does your heart desire? Is this a step you're willing to take?" She asked herself. The answers to her question were Zac, Zac, and hell yes. All her previous relationships were a total failure, and it wasn't because they weren't good guys. It was because they weren't Zac.

Zac kissed her passionately on the lips. "I love you so much."

One thing she's always heard is that people speak the truth when they have been drinking, and Ma Dea told her that if a man wanted you, you would know. She also said, "Tima don't let a man tell you twice that he doesn't want you, but also don't make him tell you twice that he wants you." She was saying to listen to what a man is saying because unlike women they don't talk a lot, and when they do, they don't waste it on saying things they don't mean.