Chapter 1: Introduction

Fatima, Andi, and Shari are 30-year-olds who have been friends since high school. After attending the same private school and living within a few miles of each other, the girls have been inseparable ever since. The #1 question, is will their friendship last the test of time?

Fatima Wilson

Fatima is an only child

Fatima is an only child. She was raised by her grandmother, Madea Simmons. When Fatima was 6 months her mother committed suicide. Her mother, Carla was rapped at a young age, and when things became too much, she overdosed on pain medicine trying to get rid of her mental and emotional pain.

When Madea found out she pressed charges on the young man. His father was a famous athlete who offered her $2 million to drop the charges and leave his family and son alone.

Madea knew no amount of justice or money could bring her daughter back, so she took the money. She thought at least the money could help her raise Fatima.

Being a single parent, a second time was not in her dreams, but this time hopefully would be better. With the $2 million she bought a 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath home in a good neighborhood. She started her business, Carla's Country Catering, named after her daughter. She also used the money for Fatima's education, such as private school during her high school years, undergrad, and then grad school. Then she put the rest in savings for her and Fatima later down the road.

When Fatima turned 16, Madea thought it was best to explain to her what happened to her mother. Fatima took it better than Madea thought, but that helped her to decide what she wanted to be when she got older.

Fatima is friendly and down to earth. She doesn't play about the people she loves, but she also isn't the one to play with.

Andrea Barnes

Andrea "Andi" is smart and hardworking

Andrea "Andi" is smart and hardworking. The one that Fatima goes to for advice.

Andi is the oldest of 2 brothers and 2 sisters. Her dad, Eric Barnes, is a big-time attorney and owns Barnes & Barnes Legal, a personal injury law firm in Atlanta. Her mother, Angela Barnes is a housewife. Her parents have been married for 30 years with 5 beautiful children. With a house full, and strict parents, Andi spent most of her time at Madea and Fatima's house. One thing she did want to do was be an attorney just like her father.