Chapter 34: The Win!

After the game, the team entered the locker room, and the entire family cheered for victory.

Even though only one team won, it was a win for all the Taylors and their friends.

They gathered their belongings and headed near the stadium to wait for Zac and Zoe.

They waited for about 30 minutes until the boys came.

"Zoe congratulations! Good game." Everyone congratulated him.

When Zac came, they hugged him. He and Zoe bonded over the game for a few until a paparazzi interrupted.

The paparazzi asked them a few questions and then left.

It was 4:00 pm, and after the game, they all went their separate ways. They were planning on going out to eat for dinner, but first, everyone went to change clothes.

Zac spent a few minutes soaking in ice. Around 6:00 they finished getting ready and headed out to dinner.

They met at the restaurant. It was a very upscale restaurant in Seattle.

Once they were seated everyone ordered drinks and then Mr. Taylor got up to make a speech.

"I just have a few things I want to say about tonight. This moment is a dream come true. Nine years ago, I did something to break up this family."

Everyone knew about the reason for the Taylor divorce because they were/are close friends of the family, so it was no secret.

"I've never fully apologized to my kids for what I did. Although you guys were grown, it still affected you guys just as it hurt your mother. Well, this is not the time or place to get into that, but I feel that I owe all three of you an apology." Mr. Taylor spoke.

"We forgive you pops!" Zoe chimed in.

"Yeah Pops, you're forgiven. We are all good." Zac agreed with Zoe.

Zara gave him the heart emoji🫶🏼.

Mr. Taylor continued his speech. "Thanks guys. I love you. After all that happened within the last 9 years, it's a blessing to be where we are right now. I can't believe I am right here, right now with all of my family and their closest friends having dinner after such an amazing moment. For both of my sons to be playing against each other in the NFL is nothing but a dream and I'm grateful. As a former football player, myself, and being able to see my sons follow my same dreams and footsteps." Mr. Taylor starts to get emotional. "I just hope and pray y'all continue to be the great men that you are and be a better man than me."

"Alright, old man sit down. We aren't trying to mop any floors around here. Shoot you got everybody at this table about to shed a few tears."

"Naw Zac, speak for yourself, Zoe here doesn't cry."

"Whatever Zoe." Said Zac.

Everyone started laughing.

Mr. Taylor had a seat.

Zac stood up. "I would also like to make a speech. I would like to thank everyone, especially my beautiful Fiancé for coming to Seattle and witnessing one of the best days of my life. Congratulations bro. You deserved the win today."

Everyone was enjoying the moment.

Zara asked Zoe when he was leaving town.