Chapter 23: The Office Visit

Shari

Shari has been in a bind lately. She hasn't gotten picked up to do any more gigs. She had tried a few other things, but it didn't work. Her last job was working at this modeling agency, but she was considered difficult to work with.

She needed help financially. Her mother went back on the road to produce and met a young man a few years younger than Shari. What does a 45-year-old woman want with a 26-year-old young man? Well, she tried asking her for the money, but she said she didn't have it. That's because she was being a sugar momma.

Since everything else fell she decided to go back to court to get Zoe for child support and back child support. The court agreed on $3,000 a month with $200,000 of back child support. That will be a little help, at least until she finds a job.

Once Zoe received his child support papers, he was livid. He called up Zac and then looked-up information on Andi. He found the law office she worked at and decided to pay a visit.

"Hi, I'm here to see Andi Barnes." He told the front desk clerk.

"I'm sorry do you have an appointment?"

"No but could you tell her Zoe Taylor, Zachary Taylor's brother is here."

"Oh, I know who you are. Are you single? Oh, sorry." The lady does as she was told. "Ms. Barnes, I have a Zoe Taylor here to see you. He doesn't have an appointment."

"Ok, then ask him to make one."

"He said you know him; his brother is Zachary Taylor."

"Oh shoot. I'll be right there."

"Hi, Mr. Taylor. Come to my office."

"Hi, Andi. Thank you for seeing me."

"Ms. Barnes, please." Andi corrected him.

They went to sit in her office to talk.

"How can I help you Mr. Taylor?"

"Call me Zoe. Did you know your girl Shari is suing me for child support and back child support?"

"No, I didn't, she doesn't tell me everything."

"Well, she is. That girl is crazy. Not only is she suing me for child support, but she won't even let me get a paternity test."

"What do you want me to do? I could talk to her, but she's going to do what she wants to do."

"Can you get a string of hair from her son?" Asked Zoe.

"No! That's my friend, I wouldn't betray her like that." Andi spoke up.

"Look at you, so loyal. If you only knew the things that your friend has done." He murmured.

"What did you say?" She asked puzzled.

"She's been trying to fuck up my brother's life and I guess mine too. Do you know if she has something against Fatima?"

"No, why would she? We have been friends for almost 15 years. I mean Shari has her ways, but I would never doubt our friendship."

"I guess I'll handle it myself. You need to tell her to leave my brother alone."

He gets up to leave.

"Zoe. I'll try to talk with her." She promised him.

***

Later that day Andi texted Fatima.

Andi: hey girl are you busy later today?

Tima: no, why? What's up?

Andi: Can I come over so we can talk?

Tima: Sure. Bring some drinks and I will provide the food.

Andi: oh, and please do not invite Shari.

Fatima: ok.

One thing about the friend group is they each had their own little bond. Fatima and Andi were a lot closer because Shari was the wild one and crazy one, but that's their girl and they will do anything for her.

After Fatima got off work, she stopped by Carla's Country Catering to pick up the wings and mac and cheese she had ordered.

Madea has done her thing with Carla's Country Catering with the help of Fatima and Cora, her sister-in-law. She went from 5 employees including herself to now a staff of 15, an on-site manager (Cora), and now Madea can somewhat retire. The business started as a remote business where she would rent a kitchen space and deliver the food on a van or cook at the venue. Thirty years later Madea now owns a restaurant-style kitchen in Atlanta. Her staff can cook all the food there. They have take-out and delivery orders on Monday -Friday and weekend catering for events such as weddings, parties, etc.

"Hey, Aunt Cora." Fatima greeted her. Cora is Mr. Brown's wife and Madam's mother. Mr. Brown is Madea's youngest brother.

"Hey TT. "

"What you got going on? You must have a hot date, trying to impress like you can cook." Cora joked.

"Naw, now you know I can cook a little something something in the kitchen. Not like you and Madea though. I'm here for the free food. Besides one of my girls is coming over."

"Alright enjoy the food." She handed her the food and Fatima left.

Not long after she arrived home Andi arrived.

"Let me go shower and change into something more comfortable, help yourself." Said Fatima.

When she returned Andi was already eating.

"Sorry, I was hungry."

"That's fine."

"You know I love me some of Madea's Mac and cheese."

Fatima made her a plate and then sat down and started talking.

"So what's up girl? What is it you wanted to discuss?" Fatima asked.

"How about Zoe came to my office today?"

"Zac's twin brother Zoe?"

"Yep," Andi responded.

"What did he want, a paternity test?"

"Yes. He said Shari's suing him for child support. I think we need to talk to her. That man has a right to know if her son is his and Shane needs a father."

"I'm not getting into that A. You know what happened last time we intervened, she didn't talk to us for weeks."

"Well. Not only that, but he also told me to tell her to leave Zac alone and that we needed to watch out for her. She can't be trusted."

"Why would she need to leave Zac alone?" Fatima looked confused.

"Look I Don't know. That's why I bright the information to you. Maybe you should call Zac."

"Oh no. I'm not ready to talk to him. Besides he called me a few days ago, I told him I would call him back, but didn't."

"Well, how are we going to know what's going on? We can't ask Shari because all she would do is lie to our face."

"Ok, ok, ok. You're doing all the talking."

Fatima calls Zac.