Ch 58

She felt her world crashing down when she heard him say those words. Her breathing stopped for a second and she had to remind herself how to breath

Staring in his eyes, she didn't see hatred. Betrayal, that was what it was. She couldn't take it. She wanted him so bad that she had to lie. This was what she wanted to avoid, but it all back fired.

Her lips trembled as she fought the urge not to cry"Xavier what are you saying?"

"You heard me. I don't see any use in being in a fake Marriage. Maybe I had a reason back then, but I don't have any now"

She swallowed hard, trying her best to process what he said. It was too much for her.

"You can't divorce me," she let out as she blinked the tears away from her eyes.

"And why is that? "

"We still have a month to the end of the Marriage," she said and he scoffed.

"I don't care about that"

She shut her eyes briefly, taking a deep breath. "You forgot what the contract said. What will happen when one of us tries to breach the contract"

Xavier glared at her and walked away. It was obvious he was always frustrated and Amelia hated the probability of him hating her. This was not what she wanted when she decided to keep the truth away from him.

What she wanted was for Xavier to get his memory back and he will remember how much he loved her, but now the exact opposite of what she wanted to be had happened.

Rage coursed through her as she thought of the person who could be responsible for this. Lucas. A glare appeared on her face as she went to her room to get ready.

She was going to give Lucas a piece of her mind for not waiting for her plan to work out before.

After getting ready, she took one of the cars and drove to Lucas's office to pour her heart out.

****

"What did you do Lucas?!" She yelled at him after barging into his office.

"What do you mean". He pushed his chair back as he looked at her in Astonishment.

"You told him about it even after what I told you?"

"Told who what?"

"You fucking told Xavier our marriage is fake? How could you be so heartless?

Lucas was taken aback by what she said.

"Now he wants a divorce" she let her tears stream down her cheek. "He hates me now" she rummaged her hand through her already messed up hair.

"I never told Xavier anything about the marriage. I haven't even spoken to him today"

"You bloody liar" she poured her heart out. "You are the only one who knew about the fake Marriage"

Lucas scoffed. "You think I was the only one who knew? Think again" she said and she stopped crying.

Stephenie knew, but she knew she couldn't do something like that.

She sat on the seat opposite Lucas and cried hard. "I am so confused. I love him so much and I don't want a divorce. He said he loved me too"

"Love never dies. Even though he forgot about you, there is a chance he can still remember the love the both of you shared"

"Well apparently he doesn't remember and he thinks I am a liar"

Lucas sighed. " He is going to have your head"