Ch 48

Amelia felt exhilarated beyond words. The words "I love you" kept ringing in her head and no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't keep her cool. She danced around the sitting room, muching on the cereal in her mouth. Cereal had never tasted so good before.

Her phone which rang cut her happiness short. Sighing in frustration, she ran to the table where she had kept it. The moment she saw it was the unknown number she was reluctant. She watched it until it stopped ringing. Then it started ringing again.

Amelia has no other choice than to answer the call

"Who is this?" she was pissed because the caller distracted her from her happy thoughts.

"Amelia," The caller said and she immediately recognized the voice.

After looking at the screen and placing the phone back on her ear, she spoke. "Shaun? How did you get this number?"

"You dropped your card. Probably it fell from your bag. I thought you left it intentionally"

"No, I didn't. I uh" she pinched the bridge of his nose. "Shaun, what we had was done while I was drunk. Shaun, I am a married woman and I'm sorry for giving you the wrong idea"

There was silence on the other end for a while. Amelia thought he was going to hang up, but he spoke up.

"You don't love him do you?"

"What makes you say that?"

"If you loved him, you wouldn't have had sex with me, alcohol or not"

"I love my husband," she said with gritted teeth. That statement alone made her very angry. "And he loves me too" she added

"That's not what you told me last night"

" What I said was under the influence of the alcohol I took and you know it"

"A drunk person never lies"

"What is your problem? Are you trying to make me mad on purpose? "

"No, why would I?" He stated with sincerity. "Let's meet up"

She scoffed. "Don't you get what I earlier said? I love my husband and I can't be with another man"

"You mean Xavier?"

Amelia was about to part her lips to speak, but it suddenly occurred to her that she never mentioned Xavier as her husband.

"How did you know Xavier is my husband?" She concluded inwardly that maybe he knew both of them because Xavier was quite famous. "Xavier is quite popular, but I didn't know I was too. You don't have to act so creepily about it"

"Oh sorry, was I being creepy?"

"Can you stop?" Amelia was already getting pissed by the way he was acting? A normal person would end the call the moment she said so.

"I will" He paused "Have a nice day Ami"

"Psycho" she cursed, dropping the phone back on the table.

As she stared at the cereal, she scrunched her eyebrows in disapproval. She sudden hated the way it looked.

There was no way she could eat it now. Thanks to Shaun. She made a mistake and she wanted to leave that mistake buried to avoid hurting Xavier more than she had already done.

*****
Xavier sat in his office, scribbling something on a piece of paper when the door was suddenly opened, revealing a very angry Daphne. He looked up confused with furrowed eyebrows as he watched her march until she got to his front.

"Daphna are you okay?" Daphne had always been the cheerful one, he had never seen his sister that mad before.

"Didn't you hear what your father Is planning on doing?"