Ch 49

"how about I do a recap?" He asked and watched as Hardin's eyes held fear.

"Martin will regret ever messing with me" with that said, Xavier fired the gun at Hardin's second leg. Before he had the chance to scream, Xavier had already pounced on him, rendering him punches until he was satisfied. By the time he was done, Hardin was too thrown off to even shout for help. He was already weak due to loss of blood and the assault made him weaker

"I don't see you running your mouth anymore," Xavier said to Hardin whose eyes were already closing due to how weak he was. The floor was filled with the blood that trickled from his injury. "Maybe in your next life, you won't think of messing with my wife"

"If you kill me, you won't achieve anything. Martin will still .."

"He won't do anything and speaking of things I would achieve. Satisfaction can be added to that list right?"

Immediately after Xavier said those words, the door to the room opened, revealing Francis, one of his men.

Xavier left Hardin there, groaning in pain, and walked to where his guard was. After a while of brief talking, he got back. There was a glare on his face, rather than the mischievous smirk he had on his face earlier.

"Well, I think we should end this here," he said, pointing the gun at Hardin's head. "Any last words?"

"Just remember Xavier. No matter how hard and well you try to be good, you are no better than me"

Those words made Xavier's anger double. He gritted his teeth. "I guess this is then. So long Hardin" with that said, the gun was fired and that was the end of one major problem.

******

Amelia had a cup of water on her lips when she heard the sound of a gunshot. Her heart skipped a beat and she almost choked on the drink.

Fear took hold of her immediately because she knew for a fact that it came from the house, but she couldn't tell where exactly because the house was so big. There were so many places she hadn't been to in the house, so it was hard to point out where it came from.

She got out of the kitchen and looked around in fear. Xavier wasn't home. He had left for work early that morning.

"Peter" she called out to one of the guards that was always around and he turned to look at her. "Did you hear that?"

"Yeah, I did. But I don't think it's anything you need to worry about ma'am. It could be one of the electric appliances.

"That doesn't sound like any electric appliance I know of"

"You don't have to worry about it ma'am," he said, reassuring her again, but Amelia wasn't relaxed a bit.

She still felt the need to confirm if the house was safe.

While she was still thinking and worrying about her safety, she heard footsteps from the stairs. It was Xavier. She was surprised because she was sure he went to work that day but had no idea he had been in all this while.

"Have you been home?" She asked, confused.

"Yeah, I came to get something real quick. I'm on my way back"

"Did you hear that?"

"Hear what?"

She was stunned. There was no way nobody else heard it when it was very loud. "You didn't hear the gunshot?"

He acted surprised. "I don't think so," he said. "Don't worry about it. Maybe one of the appliances got bad. Anyway, I'm off to work," he said briefly and walked away before she could even get a chance to speak further.