63

Just as Xavier had thought, Lucas was doing this to protect him. A part of that reason made him furious. He didn't like being seen as vulnerable, so much to be protected.

"If it was me, you would do the same," Lucas said in his defense.

"That's not the point," Xavier said

"Then what is?"

"You should have told me"

"What would you have done from the hospital bed? Even if you want to get him now. Bad news, he is missing"

"What?" Xavier let out.

"You heard me. I tried to take him back after he escaped from Amelia, but he is missing"

"Where the fuck did he go?"

"Another state, town or even another country. We should only pray he is far enough from us"

Xavier sighed in frustration as he leaned back on his seat. "I don't understand how someone can be so relentless."

"You did kill his boyfriend."

"He tried to kill my wife"

"And you think he cares about that?".

"What the fuck does he want?"

"You know he wants you dead"

"A reasonable person would have given up a long time ago"

"Martin is not reasonable, especially when he wants something. He acts mentally deranged sometimes"

"He doesn't act, he is mentally deranged"

Xavier said nothing for a while before speaking again."I need to find him before he finds me and Amelia. I don't know why the fuck she got into this mess in the first place"

"Act fast, so she won't regret saving your ass. If Martin finds her, she will surely regret"

******
It was the first day of his chemo and Peter couldn't help but feel nervous. He had already shaved his hair because he didn't want the embarrassment of them falling off by itself.

He was the only one who knew what he had and he wanted to keep it that way. He didn't want to be a burden to anybody. To Amelia, to Wendy, to nobody.

"You should smile more often. Cancer fights your life. The only weapon you have is your smile.". A young lady by his side said.

"What's the point?" Peter asked

"To tell the world that you are okay"

"And die on the inside?" Peter asked in disbelief.

"more sessions with me and you will understand smiling doesn't mean dying on the inside"

"What do you mean by more sessions?" He asked and she smiled.

She held up her card. "I am your nurse, Sandra"

"Oh," Peter let out in realization. He should have noticed.

Her brown eyes shone as she looked at her. They were beautiful, but Peter considered them as annoying. He hated how they saw him as vulnerable. He didn't want to be pitied. He just wanted to get this over with as soon as possible.

"Well, I hope you bring good luck. To survive cancer, you need luck and I don't have a lot of that"

"I once considered myself unlucky until I survived leukemia"

"My father had the same cancer. He believed in luck, but he died"

"I have a good feeling about you. And don't be so negative"