Ch 66

Xavier couldn't help but smile as he took steady sips from his glass. He was at the bar and for the first time, he felt at ease. He didn't have anything to worry about. His mind was at rest.

He didn't need to worry because his major problem of over 10 years was gone.

The chair beside him was tugged and he turned to look who it was. Just as he had expected, he saw Lucas. He had texted him to come over, but he didn't think Lucas would come along with Erica.

"You look happy," Erica pointed out.

"Well I'm glad we didn't meet the cranky side of you"

"Why wouldn't he be happy? Martin is gone, Hardin is gone and he has a beautiful woman to go back to after all the day's stress"

"Oh no," Xavier laughed.

"That's true"

"What part of your bed does she keep warm?" Lucas teased.

"No part" Xavier blurted out.

"Woah you guys haven't done it yet?" Erica's eyes widened in surprise.

"No, we have. It's just that..."

"So you guys have done it then. I thought this was supposed to be a contract marriage. As in no intimacy", Erica teased.

Xavier couldn't take it anymore. "Can you both stop it?"

"Stop what?" Erica asked and they both chuckled.

"Thank you," Lucas said to the bartender who dropped his and Erica's drinks. "The marriage is ending soon" Lucas spoke up and Xavier tensed up. That was a topic he tried to avoid even when Amelia tried to talk to him about it.

Erica's phone began to ring and she excused herself.

"I don't know Lucas," he blurted out truthfully.

"What don't you know?"

"I think she wants the marriage to end. I know the moment the contract is off, she is going to pursue her dream. I am just a hindrance to that dream "

"What if she wants to stay with you?"

"I can't say that for sure. You know" he paused."Amelia is too hard to read. I can't say for sure what she is thinking about "

"I don't know. She is your wife. I guess You have to ask her"

"Definitely. I just need to prepare for that"

Lucas laughed out and Xavier looked at him in puzzlement. "What's so funny?"

"Look at how tense you are. All because of a woman" he empathized with the last words to pass on a message and Xavier laughed.

"Who would have ever thought" he took a sip from his glass. "But that doesn't mean I am completely straight though"

"Whatever you say, brother"

******

After waiting for 2 days for Martin to return, he didn't. Stella had prayed and hoped for him too, but he never did.

*Flashback*
"If I don't return after two days, can you do me a favor?" Martin asked Stella as she brushed her hair facing the gigantic mirror on the wall.

"Yes honey what's that?"

"Look over there" he pointed at a jar that stood on a shelf. Stella looked at it and looked back at him.

"What about it?"

"That's Hardin ash"

"What do you want me to do with it?"