Chapter 6

"Who?" She asked again, as though she didn't get what Amelia had said.

"Xavier Garcia"

"Oh my God,  Ami" was the only word that could make its way out of her puzzled lips as she looked at confused Amelia

"This is unbelievable" she exclaimed and ran out of the kitchen to her room, leaving Amelia perplexed. She returned shortly with her laptop in her hands, laid it on the kitchen cabinets, and beckoned on Amelia.

"Is this him?" she pointed at the screen and Amelia immediately recognized him. It was a picture of him in what seemed like a red carpet-event. He had on a blue tuxedo, with one hand dipped into his pocket and the other on his tie. His eyes were transfixed directly on the camera and for some reason, Amelia felt like he was looking directly at her. He looked as stunning as she last remembered.

"Are you fucking serious?" Wendy exclaimed, and that snapped Amelia back from her thoughts.

"Yes"

"Do you realize that Xavier Garcia is the owner of Fegal, and he is also the sole heir of Hardik" she stated as Amelia looked at her puzzled, not having a clue of what she was on about. She had never heard of Fegal nor had she heard of Hardik.

Wendy sighed in exasperation as she looked at Amelia. "And I'm guessing you haven't heard of those?" she cocked an eyebrow.

"No, I haven't"

"To be honest, I am not surprised. You are always too busy to know certain things like this" Wendy said with her palm on her face. "Fegal is one of the most popular car companies in the USA and worldwide, while Hardik is a huge fashion company. They produce different brands ranging from, katieg, sarealo, gheriad, down to fego" she stated, and it took Amelia a while before it finally hit her. She widened her eyes as astonishment took over her.

"Wait, do you mean, fegal cars?" She voiced out with her voice louder than she intended.

"Finally, you got out of the rock"

"Oh my God, I had no idea," she exclaimed, still trying to absorb the fact that she might be getting married to a well-known billionaire.

"This is huge, Ami. You do not know how popular this man is. How did you say you met him?".

"I met a certain Lucas, who said that Xavier Garcia needed a contract wife. Well, I later found out that the two of them were brothers. I was taken to his house and he said he would send the contract as soon as possible". Amelia explained but the look on Wendy's face showed she wasn't impressed.

"A contract marriage?"

"Yes, for a year".

"So, let me get this straight. You would be getting married to the owner of fegal for a year?"

"I guess so," Amelia said with a slight smile as she shrugged. This was bigger than she thought

**********
Amelia stared at the contract with different thoughts clouding her mind. A moment ago she would have signed immediately it was sent to her, but now she had suddenly grown skeptical.

She knew ther was no way she would get married to him and still have the normal private life that she had always enjoyed. Probably she might start appearing in magazines, TV, and social media.

The thought alone made her shriek. Another part of her didn't care about it. It was a little price to be paid for a better future. She hated how she was being greedy, but couldn't help it. Life had never been fair to her anyway. Now that it had finally given her an opportunity, she was going to grab it.

*In most cases, party A would be allowed to do as she pleases, but would succumb to her party B's orders whenever they are amid people* she read out loud in bafflement.