Ch 32

"Slightly," she said, "but not completely... How did you know my favorite color?" she asked as that part still felt a little strange to her

"You are not so secretive, so it wasn't so hard to figure it out"

"No one is secretive with colors," she said with squinted, confused eyes.

"Yet you asked how I know?"

"Well...." Amelia, not knowing where to begin. "I didn't realize you could pay attention to little details"

"I didn't, it just appeared so obvious," he said and Amelia knew well enough what he was trying to do. Hide his tracks.

He presumably wanted to make her see what he was trying to say from a different perspective, but Amelia wasn't having it. It was apparent, Xavier wasn't as nonchalant as she thought. He paid more attention to her than she thought he would and the thought drove her crazy.

"So you just pay attention to little details?"

"Exactly"

"And you didn't realize I wore your cologne to the auction?" she blurted out and watched as his eyes widened in astonishment.

"You did what?"

"And you didn't notice, but you seem to know my favorite color without me telling you?"

"When did you do that?"

"Do what?" she said with a smile and the sarcasm wasn't hidden in her voice. Xavier noticed what she was trying to do and glanced at her with his signature exhausted look visible on his face.

"What? I liked your scent better, is that a crime?" she voiced out and when a smirk appeared on Xavier's face, she realized, she just sold herself out. *Good job Amelia* her inner self rolled her eyes at her. Here goes her ego.

"I didn't realize I had so much effect on you"

"Can we not dwell on that?"

"It's just a little pathetic"

"And isn't it absurd, how you didn't notice," she asked and Xavier chose silence for a while before he finally spoke.

"No wonder"

"What"

"Everywhere was redolent of me, the car, at the hall, everywhere. I was starting to think I wore too much cologne. Not knowing that" he looked intently at her with exhaustion on his face. "Little Miss mischievous, wore my Cologne"

"Now don't look at me like that"

"Yeah an applause will do instead," he said with sarcasm, raising his hand, mimicking a muted clap and that resulted in Amelia rolling her eyes at him.

"You weren't supposed to know about it"

"Well thank goodness we talked about favorite colors today"

"Good for us, anyways am done. I wasn't hungry anyway"

"You aren't done eating" he stared and Amelia looked at him with disbelief.

"I was going to go a couple of minutes ago, you didn't stop me. Now you want me to finish up all of a sudden"

"And who said I wasn't planning on stopping you. I don't entertain waste, you should finish up for your sake"

"Or you could admit, you enjoy my company" she stated and that took Xavier by slight surprise. In as much as Xavier wanted to make the statement look different from what it seemed, it still didn't change the fact that she was right.

*************
Xavier

"And your first reflex was to declare her missing?" Lucas asked and the skepticism his voice held could be conveyed by Xavier.