Ch 57

Amelia didn't know why, but she felt nervous when Xavier mentioned they were going to the family house for thanksgiving. It was only proper for the family to be together, but Amelia still felt nervous.

The last time she was there was during the earlier stage of their marriage. What she was scared of was Lucas and how he was uncomfortable about the way things were going between her and Xavier.

She knew if care wasn't taken, he was going to tell Xavier everything. She was also worried about the way Xavier's parents would receive her after the scandal. What if they believed it? She couldn't help but occasionally ask herself.

"Are you ready?" Xavier asked and she nodded with a brief smile. They both walked outside and shortly they were inside a car with cosmos at the front seat, driving.

"Are you okay?" Xavier asked and she forced a smile. A nervous one.

"Of course"

"Nervous?"

"Not really" she tried to reassure both himself and herself but it was barely working.

"You don't have anything to worry about," he said, taking Amelia by surprise.

Recently, it was so unlike him to care about her feelings. But here he was, telling her not to feel worried. She felt special after hearing him say those words. He wasn't his usual cold self. He looked more lively that morning and Amelia wished he could forever be like that.

They arrived at the family's house and to her surprise, they accepted her quite well. Xavier's mother, Mrs. Garcia hugged her and before pulling away she whispered in her ears. "It's going to be fine" she patted Amelia's back and she had never felt so comforted before.

******

"You two were so fond of each other" Xavier's mother, Estella said as they all ate at the huge dining table

"We were?"Xavier seemed interested in hearing more.

"I felt heartbroken when the doctor said you don't remember her. You loved her so much" she continued. Amelia instantly felt uncomfortable.

However, the word "loved " made her blood boil. The way she made it look past tense was annoying.

Xavier, after turning to look at her, noticed how uncomfortable his wife was and decided not to ask any more questions concerning the matter.

That was strange, he didn't know when he started seeking validation from someone. He recently had started finding her interesting. Although he still had his doubts, he was still very concerned about her.

After eating and chatting, Xavier was the first to declare he was tired. He stood up and Amelia followed suit. The whole day had been ruined when Xavier's mother made that statement earlier.

She trailed Xavier from behind until they got to the room. He went straight for the bathroom, had a quick shower, and was out in no time, dressed in his pajamas. Amelia followed suit.

While she bathed, she couldn't keep her thoughts to herself. It had been so long since she and Xavier shared the same room. The accident brought all their progress back to square one.

After taking her shower, she got out of the bathroom and headed straight for the couch. Not expecting Xavier to have any problem with it, she began to make herself comfortable.

"What are you doing?" She heard him ask and she was astonished that he asked that question.

"I want to get some sleep"