Ch 21

Xavier sipped his tea, while Amelia kept staring at him. She had been like that for some time, staring across the dining table, not eating anything. Xavier chose not to show concern because he knew that if he asked her what the problem was, she wouldn't stop talking about it, and he wasn't ready for her untamable nature.

Xavier took another sip from the cup, and he noticed how she followed him with her eyes. It was beginning to be uncomfortable and Xavier couldn't take it anymore.

"What?" He asked, and Amelia blinked rapidly.

"Nothing," she said and Xavier couldn't help but scoff at her response.

"You have been staring intently at me for the past 5 minutes"

"I was staring blankly into space, and you just happened to be there"

"Are you serious?"

"Of course"

"Pathetic" he responded, going back to his tea and taking a sip once more. The tea was quite hot and that was precisely what he needed.

"You don't seem like the type to drink tea"

"How would you know that?"

"I'm your wife, remember?"

"A contract wife remember?" he shot back and Amelia rolled her eyes at him

"I know, you don't have to remind me all the time"

"Glad to know," he said and he took another sip from the tea

"You seem like the tequila type, not the tea type"

"I can do both," he said with a smirk. "Is that why you kept on staring at me?"

'No I was staring at you because you are drop-dead gorgeous' her inner self screamed, but she didn't dare say that out loud. That would damage her ego

"You haven't touched your food" he said looking at her untouched plate

"I don't feel the need to eat"

"Why?"

"Nothing" she scowled dramatically

"Then why come down for breakfast if you aren't going to eat anything?"

"Sitting in my room all day can be boring, you know?"

"No, I do not know"

"Typical Xavier. Didn't expect less" she said and was greeted with Xavier's silence. That was his personality. He couldn't hold up a conversation and occasionally, it wore Amelia off.

"What's wrong with you?" she blurted out, and Xavier cocked his eyebrow confused.

"You passed out the other day, and it didn't seem like a new thing," she said, pressing her lips together nervously, as she watched Xavier's expression abruptly change.

"You don't have to worry about it," he said and with the tone in his voice, Amelia was sure he meant what he said.

"I want to listen worry"

"You don't have to worry about it. Miss Wilson, eat" he commanded and she sighed. Truthfully, she wasn't ready to have any food, the appetite wasn't there and there was no way she could force it

"Who was the man who came the other day?"

"You were the one who brought him in"

"You know him and I don't believe that was the first time you met with him"

"What makes you say that?"

"Instincts"

"You could question your instincts then, I don't have an answer for that" he said casually and Amelia felt the need to slap him across the face with a burrito.