Chapter 11

Amelia remembered she was going to face Xavier again. Reality suddenly struck, and she swallowed hard. The doorknob was twisted by her, and she could feel her heartbeat become more intense and rapid.

There he was laying on the bed, comfortably. Sometimes she wondered if he was the only one who made her feel the way she felt, or if it was both ways. His eyes were transfixed on his phone, and he didn't look up when she got in.

"Are you going to sleep here?" she asked. He looked up at her with puzzlement written on his face.

"Where else?" he muttered, and Amelia gulped. There was no way they were going to share the same bed, and she wasn't sure he was going to step down for her.

"On the bed?"

"Sure, why not?" he sat up. A smirk appeared on his face and her body heated up.

"Uh, you see...."

"You are not my type, you seem to forget" he scoffed cutting her mid-sentence, and lay back on the bed, unbothered

"As if" she rolled her eyes. "We can't still share the same bed" she added in a more serious tone, but Xavier paid no attention to her.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Amelia voiced out, fighting the urge to scream out loud in his face. Being stupid was something she wasn't. If she screamed at his face, then his family might find it weird if they started screaming their hearts out at each other. Amelia wasn't ready to ruin a deal that hadn't begun.

"Fine, I will sleep on the couch" she signed in frustration at the same time, locating a suitable couch that would fit her perfectly. "A gentleman would offer to stay on the couch instead" she muttered under her breath.

"Hey" he sat up once more, taking her by surprise. She didn't expect him to hear what she said.

"I believe in gender equality," he said playfully, placing his hand on his chest to emit a dramatic effect. "It's either you sleep with me or you find a comfy couch or something, and I'm not going to let you do that" he added and at that point, Amelia felt the need to throw a chair at him.

" Why is that?" Amelia scowled at him, folding her arms under her breast.

"We need to sleep together if we want to do a good convincing job. Sleeping on a couch will only sell us out"

"The door is locked, dummy, no one's going to get in"

"You don't know that"

"Are you trying to get me to lay with you?" she asked, and he fought the urge to erupt into laughter.

"Don't say it like that"

"How" she narrowed her eyes, confused, not having an idea what he meant. He almost cried at her innocence.

"Sleeping on the same bed with me and laying with me are two different things" he stated. It took Amelia a while, but when she finally realized what he meant.

"I didn't mean that. My God, Xavier" she exclaimed in astonishment.

"Anyway are you sleeping or not?" he asked.

A part of her screamed for joy at the thought of laying with Xavier, but another part of her frowned at it. The former was greater.

Not knowing how she found herself walking towards the bed with butterflies building up inside her. It was almost as if she had no control over herself anymore. *What was this man doing to her?* she screamed inwardly, but she couldn't help it. There was no way she could.

The disbelief that washed through her as she looked up at Xavier was massive. He was the one insisting she shouldn't sleep on the couch. Now, she was about to make her way to the bed, and he was going to act nonchalant. The reason wasn't clear, but a little part of her stung as she looked at him, transfixed on the phone.