Chapter 17

Amelia hugged Daphne warmly. Mrs. Patrick was next. How bad she was at this pretense of a thing. It was something she wasn't comfortable doing, but she had no choice. Mrs. Patrick hugged her warmly. A side peck followed. She turned to look at Henry. They hugged briefly too, Lucas followed, and Mr. Patrick too.

Among all of Xavier's family, Daphne had been the happiest about the honeymoon. She had no idea it was fake.

Of course, they weren't going on an actual honeymoon. They were going to Kauai, not for a honeymoon, but to trick his family further. At least that was what newly wedded couples did after a wedding, so she and Xavier had to follow suit.

Amelia was about to join Xavier in the car when Daphne stopped her.

"You know what, Ami, let's go to the airport in my car. We can have a little chat on our way" she giggled. "Xavier can go with Cosmos," she added.

Immediately the words made their way out of her lips, Xavier's facial expression changed. It was obvious he didn't like the idea, and Amelia wondered why.

*Maybe he loved her company* Amelia wanted to conclude, but she remembered the gruff and exhaustion he always had on his face whenever they occasionally conversed. It was obvious. No one needed to tell her he didn't enjoy her company.

But if he didn't, why did he have that contenance when Daphne said what she said? Or was he concerned about her not leaking any of their secrets? Did he consider her to be a very talkative person?.

If he considered her to be a talkative person, then he was hundred percent right, but that didn't mean she could leak out a secret that huge. If she did, that would be bad for both Xavier and her. She was not ready for that.

Amelia glanced at Xavier. After flashing him a smile, she opened the door to Daphne's car and got in. She watched as he sighed, angrily opening his car door and getting in, slamming it shut forcefully.

Nobody noticed, but Amelia knew deep down Xavier was angry. He wasn't doing much to hide it. It was almost as if he was doing it purposely to let her know he wasn't okay with the arrangement. Even if he was angry. *What could he do?*

The car door opened up and Daphne entered. Her and Daphne were seated in the back seat while the driver made his way to the front. Unlike Cosmos, Daphne's driver was quite young, dressed in a suit and thick shades. Due to how sturdy he was, Amelia was hundred percent sure he could serve as both a driver and a bodyguard.

He ignited the engine and with time they zoomed off leaving Xavier's car behind. It seemed like he was contemplating whether to trail from behind or not

The drive with Daphne was fun. Amelia didn't for once get bored. Daphne kept the drive lively with the different topics she kept bringing up. It was the kind of girly talk Amelia wanted.

The drive took about 45 minutes, before they finally approached the airport. A car zoomed past them at full speed. It was Xavier's.

Just by the action alone, she almost erupted into deep laughter. He was acting childish when it wasn't even necessary. He should learn to trust her. Although she was talkative, she couldn't talk about the deal with anyone, and he didn't seem to understand that.

They reached the airport. Micheal, the driver began to search for a perfect spot to park, he finally found one, and they all alighted from the car.

Amelie smiled as the cool air hit her skin. Her hair obeyed the wind, flying in different directions in reaction to the effect of the wind. Her lips were pressed together, showing how genuinely nervous she was.

Xavier's car was parked in front of them. His car door opened, revealing Xavier. The first thing he did when he came down was rush toward where Amelia and Daphne stood. He got to where they were, and the laughter Amelia was trying to hurdle, erupted its way out. He stared at her in puzzlement, but she couldn't help it.