Chapter 10

Amelia felt her heartbeat increase rapidly as the car came to a halt. Her nervousness knew no bounds as her hands trembled, Already getting cold.

Cosmos switched off the engine and was about to get off the car to open the car door for the both of them, but Xavier stopped him

He turned to look at her and spoke. "Remember, acting is key, sunshine," he said with a smirk, and she smiled nervously

*He just called her a pet name* her inner self screamed for joy. Even though he was most likely testing out his acting skills on her, she still felt the heat when the words flowed out of his lips.

Amelia, after seeing that Cosmos had already been stopped the car, she decided to make it out herself. She never liked the idea of Cosmos helping her with car doors when both her hands were functioning properly.

Hands on the door handle, she was about to make it out when Xavier tapped her on the shoulder, stopping her. She looked at him confusingly as he made his way out out the door. It took her a while to finally realize he was heading towards her door to open it.

She felt the butterflies building up as soon as the door flew open. It was all an act, but she couldn't help but feel this way. For the first time in her life, she was treated like she mattered.

"You know we haven't gotten in yet. You don't have to act all nice" Amelia said as she made her way out of the car, flashing him a quick smile. It wasn't forced this time.

"I could always shut the door in your face and watch you struggle with it. A Tesla model's car door isn't one to be played with"

There he was, rubbing his riches in her face, could he get any worse?

Amelia rolled her eyes at him and made her way out, while he shut the door. Amelia looked around the house in admiration. Just as she had expected, it was as exclusive and exorbitant. It wasn't as big as Xavier's, but it was definitely as astonishing.

There was no way, someone could not ogle at how extraordinary the house was. Amelia was no exception. She just couldn't resist. Xavier walked in front of her and she trailed from behind while Cosmos remained in the car. They walked down the pavement, decorated with different types of beautifully grown flowers arranged on both sides.

Amelia kept imagining they were both working down the aisle. Yes, the environment was that beautiful.
They were about to make it through the front door when Xavier abruptly stopped. He walked towards her. Before she could say jack, he slipped his hand underneath her waist and grabbed her roughly to himself. Her eyes widened, but she played along. The distance between them barely measured any centimeters, and it was driving her crazy.

**********
Amelia looked across the huge wooden dining table whilst everyone munched silently on their dish.
*Lucas, the deal introducer. She later found out he was Xavier's immediate brother. Daphne, his younger sister. Henry, the youngest of them all. Then finally Mr. and Mrs. Garcia, his parents* she called out inwardly as her eyes trailed them one by one.

Xavier sat by her side and with the way their skin occasionally made contact, she was sure going to go crazy. He had a way of doing things to her which he had no idea of the effect it had on her.

Amelia remembered the feeling she got, the moment she stepped her foot through the front door. They were genuinely so happy to see her. Most especially Mrs. Garcia. The acknowledgment was quite too much, and a little part of her got uncomfortable.

"So tell us more about yourself" Amelia heard. She looked at the middle-aged woman who had a smile on her face. Dropping her fork, and munching faster to get rid of the food in her mouth, Amelia finally spoke.