Ch 62

Erica didn't die even after everyone had concluded that she was as good as dead. It took her one whole month for her to wake up and during that time, Xavier was discharged from the hospital. Surprisingly Martin didn't do anything even when Amelia thought he would.

Xavier had healed properly and was already up on his feet. Although Amelia was not in support of Xavier going back to work, he didn't care.

She cared about his health. Xavier on the other hand felt he was good and fit enough. Truly he was, but Amelia was paranoid that something could happen to him.

Xavier was not aware of the Martin issue. He didn't know his wife had once adopted his worse enemy and he had no idea Erica was in the hospital because of that same man. Amelia didn't tell him, following Lucas's orders. Lucas knew how crazy his brother would get if he heard about it.

Lucas wasn't trying to protect Xavier. He had the same mindset as Amelia. They both wanted him to heal first. The doctor said he wasn't healed completely, even though Xavier went around looking very fit.

"I'm off to work" Xavier pecked Amelia on the side of her cheek. She inhaled his manly cologne with a smile on her face.

"Have a nice day" She watched him leave and the smile instantly faded off her face. The contract marriage was almost over and she didn't know what Xavier was planning to do.

By law, they were supposed to go their separate ways after the marriage, but they were both aware of their love for each other, so that term would be hard to obey.

Also, the moment she was done with the marriage, she was going to go to college. She had already gotten in and processed everything. The only thing that was left for her was to start fully but she couldn't imagine staying far away from Xavier

****

"Williams" Xavier beckoned on one of his guards and he walked to where Xavier was.

Williams had thought his boss was going to ask him something. The least he expected was for Xavier to grasp him by the neck and pin him to the wall forcefully.

He gasped for breath, trying very hard to breathe. "How long did I stay at the hospital?" Xavier asked in a venomous tone

"2 weeks sir"

"How long have I been home?"

"1.... 1... Week" he stammered, trying to get himself free, but Xavier's grip was too tight.

"How long have you been lying to me, Williams?"

Williams opened his eyes in shock, feigning confusion. "I can never lie to you boss"

Xavier angrily banged his head on the wall. "You think I was born yesterday not to sense the tension in this place? I know all my guards and I know one of them is dead, so Ken just happens to be dead all of a sudden?"

"Sir, I don't know what you are talking about?"

"Words Williams! fucking words! What the fuck happened when I was gone?"

Williams wanted to continue lying, but he knew his boss would go to any length to get what he wanted. It was Xavier he was working for, not Amelia, so he damned all consequence

"Amelia adopted Martin"

Xavier looked at Williams in disbelief. When he suspected something. The last thing he expected was this.

"But he escaped after killing Ken and also shooting Erica"

Xavier gritted his teeth in anger. He had a feeling that Martin was behind Erica's condition, but he wasn't certain. William had just confirmed his suspicion.