Ch 44

Lucas was scribbling something on a paper in his office when the door opened. At first, he thought it was his secretary; Alice, but it wasn't.

When he looked up, he immediately became alarmed. It was the devil himself; Martin.

"What do you want?" Lucas watched him take a seat on the chair opposite him. "How did you get in here?"

"I had a quarrel with your brother, not you, right? I don't understand the look on your face"

"Are you going to tell me what you want, or do you want me to call the security?"

"No need for that" Martin waved it off. "I am not indulging in any violence, am I"

"What do you want?" Lucas was already getting impatient.

"Woah easy".he paused. "I came to give you an offer"

"I'm not interested"

"You haven't even heard what I have to say"

"Taking an offer from you is like taking an offer from the devil"

"I will take that as a compliment. That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me"

"Leave this minute!" Lucas glared hard at him, but Martin only chuckled. It was certain he was going to leave until he got what he wanted.

"How badly do you want Hardik company?"

"What are you talking about? What do you even know about Hardik? "

"A lot. I know that any of you who inherits it is second to God"

"You don't know anything"

"Last time I checked the internet, I found out, Xavier has graduated from the seventh richest man to the fifth richest man in the world. What do you think will happen if he gets Hardik? He will be known everywhere, but you_ his brother will be back here, cleaning his shoes and doing whatever he asks you to do" The moment he finished saying those words, something flashed in Lucas' eyes, but he blinked it away almost immediately.

"I am not interested "

"I have not made the offer yet honey "

"Don't call me that!" Lucas snapped at him in anger.

"What do you want me to call you then? "

"I want you to leave my office before I commit first-degree murder!"

"I want you to bring Xavier down" he blurted out, ignoring Lucas'earlier statement.

Lucas erupted into laughter. "Xavier did say you were crazy, but I didn't know it was to this extent. You want me to bring my brother down? Think again"

"Trust me, I thought well before bringing up that proposal"

"Get the fuck out of my office!" this time Lucas had a serious look of contempt on his face.

"Think about what it would feel like being the richest man in the world. I can give you Hardik if you give me what I want. You don't have to stay behind Xavier. You can choose to be in front of him"

Martin stood up as he dipped his hand into his pocket and brought out his card. He slipped to where Lucas was.

"Once you make up your mind, call me, and I'll let you in on the full detail"

He smiled at Lucas who had a glare on his face. "Have a nice day honey,'' he added and left.

*****