96. Love, kindness...

Start from the beginning

Heidith followed her until they reached the top.

"Hell no." Zadhea looked down and almost shivered in fear. "I can't do it anymore. I can't climb down. I can't." She wailed.

Heidith felt like a headache was coming. "You must. It's easy. Watch me attentively and learn how to do it," Saying that, he slowly made his way down from the wall.

"See? It's not that difficult!" He shouted from below. "Now it's your turn. Don't be afraid. Take a deep breath and start. Don't rush. Take your time."

'Shut up already,' Zadhea roared in her mind before climbing down with shaky hands. "No, no, no." She cried halfway, squeezing her eyes shut. "Will you catch me? I'll just jump already."

To her relief, Heidith said, "You can jump."

Before she could do it, he added, "But I won't catch you."

Zadhea got pissed off. "Rascal! How could you?! I'll kill you if I get there."

"Oh C'mon!" Heidith suppressed his urge to laugh. "Then come here and kill me. I'm waiting~"

Zadhea's chest rose up and down in anger as she scaled down the wall. Her fear got disappeared completely until her feet touched the ground. "You, you, you!" She glared at him.

Heidith started running. "Hoo hoo! Catch me if you can!"

Zadhea gritted her teeth and ran after him, stretching her arms like a zombie. "Stop right there before I kill you!"

Heidith looked at the crowded marketplace suspiciously before averting his gaze to the girl next to him. "Are you sure about this?"

Zadhea nodded vigorously. "Yeah. I love choosing ingredients from a market. These fruits and vegetables look fresh and yummy. And we'll be able to find some good fish from a fish market."

"I think so too." Heidith agreed half-heartedly. Suddenly, his eyes lit up. "Don't tell me... Are you going to... Cook for me?"

Zadhea quickly shook her head. "No way! It's the other way around. You'll be the one cooking for me."

Heidith became even happier. He felt like he was on cloud nine. "Does it mean... You like my cooking?"

"Why not?" Zadhea felt a little confused. She thought he would get angry or annoyed, but... He actually looked so happy! What's wrong with this guy?

She chose such a busy, boring place because she wanted him to think that she was into ordinary, unappealing stuff. To her dismay, Heidith loved it!

Zadhea watched him talking to the sellers enthusiastically. He was happily busy choosing vegetables.

'Dwam! I'm speechless.'

As Zadhea subconsciously observed his actions, she happened to meet his eyes. 'Did he catch me looking at him?' She felt embarrassed at that thought.

Heidith pulled her close to him. "Look at this cabbage. Doesn't it look fresh?" He was referring to the round, giant cabbage he was holding in his right hand while he held Zadhea's forearm with his left hand.

Instead of cabbage, Zadhea's eyes fell on his long eyelashes and his deep, beautiful green eyes. 'Wow! Such a beauty.' She sighed in her heart.

"So green." Zadhea unconsciously whispered, still looking into his eyes.

"Yeah. So green." Heidith agreed with a smile. "Let's buy it then."

Zadhea blinked and came to her senses. Scratching her head, she let out an awkward chuckle. "Yes, yes. Buy, buy."