Tsunade frowns, lacing her fingers together on the table in front of her. "I don't want to break you all up," She shoots an apologetic look towards me, Deidara, Hidan, and Kisame, "But I'm the Hokage." She grimaces, lips stretching as she struggles to find the right words, "I have to go back, soon. My people need me."

"Isn't there anything we can do?" Kakashi looks slowly around the table. 

Pein purses his lips. "I say, we give it a shot." 

Everyone turns to look at him, eyes wide. 

"Let's prepare for it and, when the time comes," He sends us all a grave, yet impassive look, "We try to leave Hidan, Deidara, and Kisame here. And if they end up being sucked in with us, we prepare to bring the girls later, once they are free of their obligations here." 

"Tobi doesn't want to leave his new friends~!" Said lollipop of doom sings halfheartedly. 

My jaw clenches tightly. If Tobi didn't want to leave us, then that must mean he would make sure to come back for us. Deidara's grip seems to tighten even more, which I hadn't thought was possible, and I have to fight for air. 

Alice notices automatically. "Deidara, she can't breathe." 

"Sorry, sorry, yeah!" He yelps, releasing his hold on me all together. I suck in a big mouthful of air, blinking back the unwanted lightheadedness that churns inside my head. "Are you okay, babe, hmm?"

"Just peachy." I gasp, squeezing my eyes shut. 

His lips brush over my temple in a worried kiss. My eyes flutter open and I beam up at him. But after a few seconds, my grin falters and I return my head back to it's original spot-smushed up against his collar bone. He hugs me tight, resting his cheek against my head, and closes his eyes. 

My eyes flutter shut and a warm wave of serenity washes over me. 

At least until I realize that it's dead quiet in the room. One eye pops open. Everyone is staring at us, different expressions on their faces, and for once, I don't like being the center of attention. I scowl at them and rub at the blush forming on my cheek. Stupid people, they don't have to watch us while we have our sappy moments!

"So it's settled then." Tsunade quickly averts her gaze, shifting it towards Pein, who nods absently in return. 

Kisame hugs Alice tightly to his person, facial features twisted into an unusual frown. Hidan stands, growling out curses, and the sound of the back door slamming shut startles us all. Konan's frown deepens. 

"So I guess the new question is, when are we leaving?" 

"As much as I hate to say it," Kakashi remains expressionless, which isn't that hard to do considering most of his face is covered by his mask, "But the sooner we leave, the better. We've been here for almost a year now, maybe even longer." His eye shifts towards Tsunade. "You may not even be Hokage anymore." 

Tsunade nods grimly, "I know." 

"Then tomorrow." Pein states. "We'll leave tomorrow." 

"Tomorrow (un)!?" Everyone, excluding Tsundae, Pein, Kakashi, Kakuzu, and Konan shout. 

"S-So soon?" Alice's brows furrow and I grit my teeth. Kisame wraps both arms around her and holds her even tighter. 

Deidara's grip slackens. 

I glance up, eyes widening. Deidara stares at the table blankly, mouth agape, bangs slowly sliding forward to cover more of his eyes. The horrified expression twists something inside my gut. Nausea, pain, and an overwhelming sense of sadness slams into me, almost knocking me back off of Deidara. 

Tomorrow? 

I only had until tomorrow to hold him?

To kiss him? 

To be with him? 

My heart seems to stop in my chest. Teeth grinding, I force myself off of Deidara, to stand, to leave the room. I'm suffocating. Air morphs into water inside my lungs, drowning me from the inside out. For a moment, Deidara barely even registers that I've moved. But as I make it about halfway up the staircase, I find myself swept up into his arms. The door to our room flies open and Sasori barely glances over. 

Deidara sits down on the bed, hugging me tightly. "I'm not leaving you, yeah. I'm not going back, hmm!" He grinds out brokenly. 

I cling to him desperately, like a wet cat. 

Danna sighs irritably and stands. He silently makes his way towards the bed and sits on the very edge, just close enough for me to grab his hand. His dull eyes glance over the two of us before locking with Deidara's azure orbs. 

"We're not leaving, brat." Sasori states coldly, something unusual about his tone. 

It's off. 

Stressed. 

And it lights a small shred a hope deep inside my chest, allowing me to breathe.