95. Loving sisters

Start from the beginning

"Umm, I think yes." Zadhea squeezed out a small smile at him before lowering her eyes to her lap as she tilted her head forward. She was suddenly feeling shy and didn't want to gaze in his direction.

Because she wasn't looking at him, Zadhea failed to notice Heidith's wide, happy grin, which was spread across his face for a few milliseconds before disappearing briskly.

Heidith nodded with a straight face. "Good."

All of a sudden, his eyes brightened up in bliss. He eagerly asked, "Does it mean we are a true couple now? Like... A true, true couple?" He really did appear like a little boy.

Zadhea found it amusing. "Yeah. We're a couple now. Like other couples..."

Heidith almost erupted with happiness. He wanted to climb onto the table and announce to everyone that Zadhea agreed to date him. It was such an ecstatic moment for him. Nevertheless, he knew he shouldn't do such a thing since he was a senior student and much more, the vice president himself!

"Thank you so much, Zadie," Heidith looked at her tenderly and said after he managed to calm himself down. "Thank you for your willingness to give this relationship a chance."

Zadhea felt her heart racing at his affectionate gaze. She almost melted. 'Can I take my words back? Now I don't feel like it's a good idea.'

"Yeah." Then she remembered something. Hoping to change the topic, she quickly probed, "Oh yes. Where are you going to take me today?" Her voice filled with excitement.

Heidith became excited as well. "Quickly finish your lunch. I'll show you when we get there."

"No, I don't think it's a good idea," Zadhea said, giving him a suspicious look. "Who knows where you're trying to take me."

Heidith laughed lightly. "Do you think I dare to deceive you? Dear royal highness Princess Zadie, you are certainly and absolutely safe with me. If necessary, I'll protect you with my own life."

Zadhea's heart throbbed like a drum as she widened her eyes at him incredulously. She could feel her cheeks burning. When Heidith touched the back of her hand, she felt her stomach churn in a strange way. Feeling flustered, she quickly pulled away, standing up. "I need to go."

Before Heidith could say anything, she vanished from his sight like a wisp of smoke.

"I didn't finish talking, and she left just like that!" He murmured as he pinched his nose bridge, feeling a little frustrated.

Zadhea thought she escaped the disastrous situation thanks to her quick bravery. Heaving a sigh of relief, she followed the path to her dorm when she felt someone grab her forearm from behind, making her turn around and bump into a hard, steady chest.

"Ouch!" Zadhea rubbed her nose and looked up at that person with an angry pout. "My nose!"

"I'm sorry." Heidith awkwardly released her arm. "I didn't finish talking to you. But you left me. Why did you do that?" He looked into her eyes questioningly and accusingly.

"What else do you want to tell me?" Zadhea asked, looking lazy on the surface but shaking inside. She had no idea what he was up to. She couldn't help getting worried.

"About our date in the evening... Would you like to join me?" He looked at her pleadingly. "There are many interesting places in this town. You'll love it."

Zadhea exhaled heavily. "Alright."

"There's something else..." Heidith hesitantly pressed his lips together. "Is it okay for you to dress up as a commoner? I swear it's fun to go out like that."