Chapter 59

I'm sorry about all the random notifs popping up everywhere. I've been trying to clean up the whole story.

Izuku's POV

When the screaming and fire started, time slowed to a crawled to freeze. The world stopped moving at it's normal speed and started to crawl in a molasses like way.

At least that was to Izuku's eyes. 

His mind worked quickly as it tried to analyze the situation. There was an attack that was taking all over the city, if the fire spreading rapidly indicated anything. 

But it wasn't just the fire, there was another variable, another type of attack that was causing all this screaming. Izuku could've sworn that almost everyone in the city was screaming their heads off.

And nobody would do that if the attack was just a fire.

No there was something else. Someone else?

Seeing as how the attack spread and covered the entire city, he could sum it up to "not a small villain just messing around." No this sort of attack would take meticulous planning of the details of the attack.

What villain groups did Izuku know? He thought it was the LOV.

Aizawa, Manuel, Iida, and him were all stuck in this back alley from where they were patrolling earlier, and collectively, everyone rushed out towards the main street.

From their little alley to the main road, there was a clear difference in the attacks.

Izuku's breathing came a little fast as he felt the corner of his vision darken. Taking the precious time to stop, he breathed in an out trying to fight off his panic to the best of his ability.

It receeded but didn't fade. 

The world returned back to it's normal time and speed. 

From the main street, he could see the full damage of the villain attack. Izuku had been right, there was another group that was terrorizing the civilians. There were several Nomu loitering around and attacking the civilians that crossed their paths. 

Along with the nomus attacking there were several fires burning through the city. It was no wonder that all the civilians were in chaos, running around and screaming their heads off.

It was smart for the villains to attack this city Izuku admitted. From what he remembered, Hosu was a largely populated city but it didn't have the luxury of being guarded by the big heroes like in Tokyo (Mustafu?) There were a lot of minor and smaller, less famous heroes here. At least those he saw on patrol while his group was on patrol.

At least Endeavor, Hawks, All Might. The big three weren't around this city usually so it would take them time to arrive at the sight of the attack. 

That meant that whatever the villains wanted, they had time to get.

"Let's move towards the center of the city," Manuel calls to the team, "There's a large condensed section of fires that burn from there which means the attack probably started there!"

Izuku nods and everyone starts sprinting towards the center of Hosu. 

What did the villains want though?

The sky was turning an unfamiliar shade of black as the sky swarmed with winged nomus.

An improvement from his last battle with a Nomu during the USJ incident, Izuku noted. These ones could fly.

Aizawa and Manuel led the way for their students as they rushed ahead towards the attack where the nomu were attacking civilians.

But as Izuku looked around, he couldn't see his class president anywhere.