Chapter 7

A chair?

~~~~~~

Izuku's POV (4 yrs old)

(continuing the flashback from the previous chapter)

He didn't know why there was a chair. And what a suspicious looking chair it was. There was a bunch of wires hooked up to the chair. Or in general just floating around. Izuku knew he shouldn't be feeling this way, since such nice people had finally adopted him, but still... 

Izuku didn't feel safe here. Was he just being foolish?

Aubrey looks at him and then squats down at him to look him in the eyes.

"You're a smart kid right?" She asks and Izuku nods. 

She stands back up and looks at Tom. They both smile at the same time in agreement before Tom (this time) squats infront of Izuku.

"Izuku-" Tom starts and then pauses. "How about this. We want you to sit in the chair. We want to give you a test- to see how smart you are. We want to see how much we need to teach you, or how many grades you need to pass before you can start your new school."

Izuku not knowing better just nods. He didn't need an explanation. He just hopes this couple will love him like Mrs. does. With a happy smile, Tom stands up and walks with Izuku the last remaining steps to the chair. Up close the chair looked especially frightening. Swallowing down his fear, Izuku steps on a little step to boost himself up into the leather chair. (think the one you see in dentists office but it's not lowered back ._.)

"Ah you've arrived," A new voice says and a portly middle aged man appears from the shadows. He has a pair of thick, circular spectacles covering his face and sported a mustache. But that was the only hair that could be found on his head. "Tom, Aubrey you may go."

With a nod, the two leave the clearing and head back into the maze. From where Izuku is sitting he can see them give a childish high five to each other. Izuku continues sitting on the chair and watches the portly man walk around him.

"Hmm~" the man mutters. "I see."

He starts attaching the wires to Izuku and Izuku's round eyes widden even further. He starts to struggle but the man brings a metal clasp over his stomach and attaches it to the other side of the chair, Izuku hadn't seen that when he'd approached the chair. His feet are locked up next and then his neck. His arms were lying next to his sides and are already under the tight metal clasp that covered his torso. The portly man that must've been a doctor starts humming as he continues to hook Izuku up to wires. Before long he's inserted an IV into Izuku's arm. 

"All right." The man announces to seemingly no one, but a voice responds from someone in the room.

No, it was a computer on one of the corners of the table that rested near the wall; near Izuku's chair. 

"Very well." The other man, not the doctor, says, "You may begin. Report back by tomorrow with your results. If  he doesn't die."

Izuku freezes. Die?

The doctor-man cackles and puts a mask over his face. He slides into a scrub and with a deafening SNAP! The doctor grabs a new needle with an unknown fluid inside and prepares it to plunge it into Izuku's arm. There's a sting and a clenching pain where the needle entered and then nothing.

Slowly he feels the seat beneath him heating up, until it's overbearingly hot. 

"Sorry," the doctor appologizes, "I just need your blood to flow faster. I need you to either die faster or don't."

Izuku starts sweating and then that's when the real pain starts. On top of the heated chair to the point where it's almost burning, the doctor started pushing a button on his remote. There's small pulses of electric shocks buzzing through Izuku's body. Izuku could feel his blood flowing faster and faster. And as the liquid injected into his blood stream started to move through his body that's when he feels it.

.

.

.

Something's ripping his body apart. Something is ripping his mind apart. It's tearing him up from the inside. Cell by cell. Splitting him apart only to place something in its stead. What was it leaving behind. But then he feels that being destroyed too. He- he-. What - What were they doing to him? The pain ceases for a moment and Izuku lays there panting. He won't scream. He won't say a thing. Was this what the real world like?

The doctor watches on with a curious expression and starts taking notes on his clipboard.

The pain starts again. The heat. The electricity. He can feel the pain. Everywhere. Everywhere and nowhere at once. Izuku's body was being overflooded with infomation. His neurons couldn't keep up. His pain receptors were being fried. But they were back. The pain, the heat, the splitting, the buzz, it was all back and Izuku had to sit there and endure it all. 

The doctor frowns. Things were looking interesting. He grabs another needle with the same fluid on the inside and rushes over to Izuku's side.

Time was of the essense. 

With a jab and a push down on the plunger, Izuku feels the liquid entering his body again. There's a calmn, where he feels nothing. Before it comes raging back. Stronger than before. So so so so so so so so so much stronger than before. Now it felt like his cells where ripping themselves in half and then ripping a half of that. And then this liquid was stitching them back up before ripping them again.

This continues for the rest of the day. The whole night. Over and over and over and over and over. 

The doctor is pleased.

Izuku is loosing it. His hair is slowly turning white. Already a quarter of his locks were white.

This continues the next day. And the next. All day, all night. More white hair. More pain. The next. The next.  The next. The next. A new needle. Another. Another. Another. More of that liquid.

It's been a week. The doctor has made a breakthrough. This would be the last couple days needed~

There's a tap on the doctor's shoulder and he whirls around irritated. Who was bothering him at a time like this?

It's her-

~~~~

(1049 words)

Izuku has been there for a week. This is his 7th day there. If he was there for three more days- 

Comments?