Chapter 18

Izuku's POV

"Who are you?" A voice comes from behind where Izuku was perching on a roof, watching as the police locked up the criminals and the ambulances take the girl away to a hospital.

~~~~~

~A couple moments before~

Izuku was just sitting on the edge of the rooftop, watching the police arrive at the scene of the crime. The ambulance was there too, in a screech of whirling sirens and lights, the two groups worked fast to confiscate the criminals and secure the girl. Most of the neighborhood was awake and curious but they kept their noses in their own business.

Must be nice.

Just as fast as they arrived, the road quickly cleared out and the street was silent again.

Izuku was glad that he'd gotten there in time. He had the gut feeling that the girl would've been killed if he hadn't shown up tonight. Probably the villains had a "kid per day" policy or something. Maybe they would use her again as a bait later but Izuku didn't want her to go through that kind of trauma. 

He was also insanely glad that he'd learned to protect himself. He had learned to mainly protect himself against being bullied but realized that... it was sort of pointless. Even if he did know how to fight back against Bakugou, Bakugou was backed up by goon 1 and goon 2 who would hold Izuku down if he got unruly. So it'd be worse to fight back. Plus, Izuku would probably be beat up more for trying to fight back. 

Something the lines that Bakugou would always be superior.

Still having that comforting feeling that he could beat Bakugou up whenever he wanted was satisfying for Izuku. 

Plus, the orphanage suffered a lot of villain attacks or random hate crimes on a daily/weekly basis. Probably because Mrs. was housing Himiko and Izuku. The psycho and the quirkless kid of the neighborhood. That was another one of the reasons that Izuku kept training secretly. He would protect his home. 

Not that that had worked out or anything. It still burned down in the end, by a villain attack no less.

But before that had happened the other random villains that came by, or neighbors, Izuku had delt with them. Or Himiko. They had an agreement on protecting their home, the one thing they didn't fight on~

(i just wanted to write why izuku knew how to fight... bc in the previous chapter it doesn't rlly specifiy... sorry if the timeline is getting pretty confusing... this is a couple of minutes before the "who r u?" part)

BACK TO NOW

"Who are you?" A voice asks from behind Izuku and without thinking, Izuku almost knocks the guy out.

His instincts were to fight and ask questions later but Izuku couldn't do that. He was a hero after all. 

He turns around to see a sleep-deprived man with an all black outfit. The guy has long black hair, tired, dry looking eyes that were glowing red slightly, and a floating roll of toilet paper around his neck?

Izuku stiffles his urge to laugh. That would seem crazy to the man in this moment. It was Eraserhead. Quirk: erasure. His eyes would glow red and hair would float, whatever in his eyesight wouldn't be able to use their quirk as long as it was a quirk that wasn't a mutation. An underground hero. Someone Izuku had espected to see especially based on the hour.

"Eraserhead-san." Izuku says respectfully, swinging his feet on the edge of the roof. "I thought you quit your nightly patrols after you became a teacher at UA."

"How do you know that?" Aizawa demanded, "Who are you to know that? Nezu's kid? No you're too big to be a kid of Nezu's..."

He was repeating himself and Izuku was fine with that. The Nezu comment was funny though.