Chapter 26

Izuku's POV

~Time Skip: 3 days later~

It was Monday, 3 days after that fateful Friday when Izuku got accepted into UA.

On the first day of school, he had decided to go to UA himself without tagging along with Uraraka. But now standing infront of the classroom door to enter Class 1-A and he kind of felt like he should've tagged along with Uraraka.

There were multpiple reasons that had led Izuku to think like this:

1. he had gotten lost.

2. he didn't want to talk to other people if he didn't have to know

3. it'd been 10 months since he'd seen Bakugou. But the important thing Izuku was wondering, was whether not Bakugou recognized him or not.

4. It was a new class and new people and new teachers.

And he was kind of late... well not really. He was actually perfectly on time... but it felt late, he felt like a failure. Which wasn't an unusual feeling for Izuku but...

Really... Uraraka would've been his backup. She was probably in class already and making friends, Izuku sighed at that thought. 

Fine... he would open the door. Just as he was reaising his hand and trying to get over his anxiety to open the sliding door, it slammed open.

"WHOSE BEEN STANDING IN FRONT OF THIS DOOR FOR SO LONG, I SAW YOUR SHADOW AND AM WONDERING IF YOU CAN'T OPEN THE DOOR OR SOMETH-" Iida announced in his loud, proper voice but he trailed off when he saw Izuku trembling in front of the door.

Izuku immediately stiffened and gave a cheeky grin with a small wave.

"I- was- kind of scared of - ... - stuff-" he mumbled looking around.

The class who was chattering loudly earlier fell silent as the saw the tiny white haired boy at the door. The students inside who were a variety of sizes from the weird purple ball-haired kid to a kid with octopus arms all stared at Izuku and he kind of shrank away from their gazes.

Being innocent Nijima Aoi wasn't too bad... it was like being Midoriya Izuku...

As the blue-haired boy with glasses let Izuku walk by, Izuku could feel the stares and whispers of his classmates.

"That's the kid who got the highest score on the entrance exam?"

"He looks so small."

"He looks so cute- what did he do to get that high of a score?"

"Wasn't he the kid who finished the written exam so fast?"

"AOI!!!!" Uraraka was the one who called his name and he looked gratefully at her. 

She was conversing with a couple of girls in the class and he immediately went over to her side seeking protection from the voices.

"Sorry-" he mumbled as he reached her side. "I should've accepted your-"

"No matter Aoi!" She says cheerfully. "All that matters is that you made it! Now let me introduce you to my friends."

"This is Asui Tsuyu-" a frog looking girl who gave Izuku an assessing look.

"This is Mina Ashido-" a pink haired girl who spinned in a circle and bowed.

"This is Momo Yaoyorozu-" a black haired girl with an impressive motherly aura.

"This is Kyouka Jirou-" A girl with purple hair and a pair of wires dangling from her ear who just raised her eyebrows.

"And this is Toru Hagakure-" a blank space was pointed at and Izuku finally noticed the pair of gloves that were floating in the air. There were other random accessories floating in the air and he smiled at were the girl's glasses were. She gave him a thumbs up.